Installed Timbrens on my F350

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

watkinsk
Cardinal Owners: 2010 Cardinal 3150RL

Installed Timbrens on my F350

Post by watkinsk »

Yesterday I installed Timbren Bump Stops on my F350. One side was rusted on and had to be cut off but even then the whole job took 30 minutes. My neighbor helped hold it, permitting me to start the new bolts easier. My F350 is 9 yrs old and it seemed to be squatting a bit when hitched up. Timbrens are cheaper and much easier to install than air bags. Hope they work.

Directions say the Timbren should be 1/2 - 1.5 inches from the peg. My passenger side is about 3/4 inch off the peg BUT on my drivers side the Timbren is only about 1/8 inch off the peg….which means (I think) that I have a weak leaf spring on the drivers side? How do I determine which leaf is weakest or should I replace the entire stack of leaf springs?

Other thoughts?
r/ Keith & Sher
2021 Alliance 340RL
2010 Cardinal 3150RL
2022 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ, 4x4, SRW, Std Bed
"NEVER, NEVER, NEVER QUIT"...Winston Churchill
Roger
Cardinal Owners: 2005 30TS

Re: Installed Timbrens on my F350

Post by Roger »

I would go even farther and replace both rear springs. While the driver side is showing the most sag the passenger side likely has sagged as well just not as much.
Roger & Joy
2005 30TS
Morryde pin box
Morryde SRE4000 suspension
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Re: Installed Timbrens on my F350

Post by dfredendall »

I agree with Roger. First thing; count the number of leafs in left and right side. Did you lose one? I have had experience where a Good Spring Shop can "Re-arc" a spring pack and you are like new. The price of re-arcing vs new Spring Pack is what you want to look at. You might find a good set off a wreck at a dismantler. Again, which is the better value? You should get it corrected because it effects the way your truck handles the road.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!