Check Engine Light

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Check Engine Light

Post by campswithcritters »

Got a check engine light at 15,900 mi yesterday coming into F'burg TX. Took the truck to the local dealer today and of course the light went out 2 blocks before arrival. Luckily it stored the code, seems the EGR valve had insufficient flow, truck performance was normal in every way, they didn't have a valve in stock so we continue on our trip, if it re-lights we'll deal with it later as Chevrolet states that code has no driveability issues.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Had the same thing happen except the light wouldn't go off. Dealership replaced the EGR motor. All is well.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
roughingit

Post by roughingit »

Shoud not be a big deal. The EGR motor is probably the most common failure with the 07i emissions. Normally no problems with driveability.
Randy, Sandy and kids.
2007 Cardinal 36-2BH
Hudsonville, MI
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

roughingit wrote:Shoud not be a big deal. The EGR motor is probably the most common failure with the 07i emissions. Normally no problems with driveability.
This one is an 07 classic so emmisions are still 06 i.e. no DPF. I was pulling the trailer when it lit and noticed no difference, just checked the gauges then pulled off when safe to try a restart which did not clear it. It's cleared for now so we'll just continue. I've heard that it has been caused by performance exhausts, but all those guys took off the CAT. Mine still has the CAT and has been across the rockies twice with no codes since it's installation.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")