Airlift Air Bags

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

jjames1942
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Airlift Air Bags

Post by jjames1942 »

I'm thinking of installing air bags on my 2005 Dodge 3500 truck. The main reason is for a smoother ride and to keep it from bottoming out on rough roads. Camping world will install AirLift Air Springs for a resonable price. Has anyone had any experience with this brand of air bags? If so, I would like to hear from you. The price is about the same for Firestone Ride Rite air bags. :D
Jerry & Bonnie James
2006 Cardinal 30TS 5th Wheel
3500 Dodge Big Horn Diesel
Banks Exhaust Brake
Airlift Air Bags
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

All about the same, and like you said Camping World installs them.
Both brands will work great for you.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Bob Kennedy
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 31RK LE

Airlift Air Bags

Post by Bob Kennedy »

jjames1942 wrote:I'm thinking of installing air bags on my 2005 Dodge 3500 truck. The main reason is for a smoother ride and to keep it from bottoming out on rough roads. Camping world will install AirLift Air Springs for a resonable price. Has anyone had any experience with this brand of air bags? If so, I would like to hear from you. The price is about the same for Firestone Ride Rite air bags. :D
I have Firestone bags and installed them myself. They level up the truck and fifth wheel trailer. They work great.
Bob and Linda
2008 Cardinal 31RK LE
Towed by 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 SB 4x4
Daisy and Minnie (Miniature Schnauzers)
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

I like Bob also have the Firestone's on my Dodge 3500 SRW that i installed myself and they made a big difference in the ride plus leveling the 5th wheel.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
birdman

Post by birdman »

The installation is so very simple on a Dodge that you should just buy them on eBay for a price that is about 1/3 less than anywhere else and install them yourself. You'll save $200. I can almost guarantee it. Air Lift are very good but so are the Firestones. The price is about the same. The last set of Air Lifts I had lasted me 12 years before I felt I had to replace the bags (they are cheapest on Amazon.

:D
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I am very happy with the Firestone Ride-Rite. Easy to install, took about an hour and half for me. I had a better ride, and a level rig on the road.
I highly recommend the air helper springs. But remember, they are helpers, they don't increase the TV's ratings