2004 F250 Buying Timbrens

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

chowdy6606

2004 F250 Buying Timbrens

Post by chowdy6606 »

I was thinking of buying Timbrens to put on my F250 SD, the reason for buying these instead of airbags is my TV has the B&W set-up on it and you can not install the airbags over it due to the B&W brackets. I was looking for some input on how the Timbrens ride and if they really work. With my 3625 Cardinal hitched up my TV drops about 5 to 6 inches, though this is not terrible I would like a more level ride.
jennyt

Re: 2004 F250 Buying Timbrens

Post by jennyt »

When we had our F250 we put Timbrens on and it definitely helped the ride. The lean from side to side when going around corners was where we noticed it the most, plus it helped stop the back from sagging with the truck hooked up. We'd definitely give them two thumbs up. :thumbrt: :thumbrt:
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

5-6 inches is alot! our 350 drops 2.5 in if we travel heavy, do you know the pin wt you are carrying? Does the truck have overloads? What was the factory payload?

Basically thats alot of trailer for a stock 250, we put timberens in a couple plow trucks and didnot like the ride without the plow, i'd suggest finding the specs on the rear springs and possibly upgrading them first atleast with overloads. They will not affect the unloaded ride(overloads that is)

In our 250 I had a local spring company make me 2 more leafs per side when we towed our cougar with it, it cost $80 and took me 2 hrs to install. the ride is a little more harsh but when you buy something to tow 15k you cannot expect a Caddy like ride
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
C.B.

Post by C.B. »

Hi Scott:

My son pulls a 39' Cedar Creek with 03 F-250 4x4 CC SB.

Claims less squat, better ride, and handeling since installing.
chowdy6606

Post by chowdy6606 »

Put my timbrens on today, and boy what a difference. The truck only squated about 2 inches and looks entirely level. Thanks to all that applied.
Bird Hauler

Post by Bird Hauler »

You could have bought the inboard Firestone air bags that are specifically made for a rig with the B&W hitch. Part #2330. I have them on my 2002 and they are applicable for up to 2004 trucks. Timbren's are OK but I like the adjustability of the Firestones for my application. When I air them up I have virtually no squat at the rear and no on-coming flashing lights while towing my Bird or hauling my cabover.

L :)