AIR BAGS AND TORSION KEYS

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

rvthereyet

AIR BAGS AND TORSION KEYS

Post by rvthereyet »

Im thinking about adding air bags in the rear and different torsion keys in the front. Will I have a problem hooking up or unhooking. I am using a superglide hitch. The keys should give me about a 2 inch lift in the front. Currently I'm running 265/65R17 bf goodrich.
snoking

Re: AIR BAGS AND TORSION KEYS

Post by snoking »

rvthereyet wrote:Im thinking about adding air bags in the rear and different torsion keys in the front. Will I have a problem hooking up or unhooking. I am using a superglide hitch. The keys should give me about a 2 inch lift in the front. Currently I'm running 265/65R17 bf goodrich.
Sounds like you need two trucks. A toy truck (to play with) and one to do real work, like towing a 5th wheel. Chris
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

Post by bilmorvn »

Don't know about torsion keys, but the airbags will give you no problem as you can hook up with the air dumped and pump the airbags us after you hook up. Would sugget an onboard compressor. Have used the airbags to adjust 5W height a bit, especially when the jacks didn't work.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
2008 35 SB/ 2006 Chev Duramax
Heat84
Wife and three Queens and a King
Oh yes and my best buddy Lacey my dog
Cardinal Owners: 29ft
many add on like fireplace, central vacuum wet suspension just to name a few

Post by Heat84 »

:o :shock: :? :? :? :roll: Ok I'm black and blue ! ! help me out here what are TORSION KEYS ? ? ? ?
MIKE & BRENDA
29'WBL FIFTH WHEEL
2006 FORD F-350 SUPER DUTY LARIATE
ALL THE WHISTLE AND BELLS
Full time summer
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Mike, I think it has to do with torsion bar adjustments.

Super Duties don't use torsion bars.

Rob