New TV Tires

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Tim

New TV Tires

Post by Tim »

Went by the local Sam's Club yesterday to price Michelin LT245/75R16E LTX-MS tires and they said they were special order and so they priced the ones they had in stock, the Michelin LT245/75R16E XRLT. Went home and checked the web site and the XRLT is in fact a few dollars more than the MS. Bottom line, I've heard nothing but great things about the MS, but any comments on the XRLT. I'm leaning toward the MS. Thanks, Tim
snoking

Re: New TV Tires

Post by snoking »

Tim wrote:Went by the local Sam's Club yesterday to price Michelin LT245/75R16E LTX-MS tires and they said they were special order and so they priced the ones they had in stock, the Michelin LT245/75R16E XRLT. Went home and checked the web site and the XRLT is in fact a few dollars more than the MS. Bottom line, I've heard nothing but great things about the MS, but any comments on the XRLT. I'm leaning toward the MS. Thanks, Tim
The XRLT is a tire that Michelin makes for clubs like Costco and Sams. You will most likely not be able to get it at a regular tire shop. The tread looks like the old AS tread.

Get your best price on the MS and then take the price to Discount Tire. They will meet it or beat it, and you will have Warranty anywhere in the country.

The only down side of the MS is they pickup rocks and throw them.

Chris
Tim

Post by Tim »

"The only down side of the MS is they pickup rocks and throw them."
Those OEM Bridgestone tires I have on the truck now do the same thing. Thanks for the feedback snoking.
BMullins46
Cardinal Owners: 06 Cardinal 31RKT; 2016 XLR 385AMP
2012 Ford F350 DRW, Lariat 6.7 Diesel.

Post by BMullins46 »

I've has the MS tires on two different vehicles and REALLY liked them. My pickup came with Goodyear RTS on it and it always felt like something was out of balance, the dealer finally check and 2 of them were out of round. I replaced them with the Michelin MS and had a nice smooth ride through 2 sets and almost 100K miles.
I just wish Michelin would make them in a LT265/75R17E. The only size they make is the P265/70R17. The MS give good traction and reasonable wear. Strange your Sam's Club said they were special order, the one here has them in stock. Snoking is right Discount Tire also carries the MS and their prices are competitive.
Bill & Debbie
06 31RKT, MorRyde LRE/4000; 2016 XLR 385AMP
2012 F350 DRW 4X2 Lariat, 6.7 Diesel, TransferFlow aux fuel tank
Fur babies, Betty and Cocoa
Nights camping
2011-102; '12-111; '13-89; '14-108; '15-142; '16-92; '17-163; '18-81
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

America's Tire/Discount Tire has good warranty coverage, and they're nationwide. I like the free tire rotation too. I've been doing business with them for 20 years living in two locations, my info's always been in their computer system, when I've picked up a nail, I just pull in and they get right on it. No charge. And the one here in Lancaster has Starbucks coffee, for free. They can even handle the idiot's on the service desk of the companies that manage maintenance of my Railroad truck, a truly heroic act! ;)
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Tim

Post by Tim »

Checked Discount Tire prices and they are very comparative to Sams. But, no affiliated discount shop in my area. As the price is only a couple of $$$ different from Sam's Club, will go with them and they do the free balance/rotation as well.