A-Pillar Gauges

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

chowdy6606

A-Pillar Gauges

Post by chowdy6606 »

I just purchased a 2008 F350 SD with the 6.4L. I took it to Gatlinburg for a small trip to Jellystone. The truck pulled our 09 3625 Cardinal like a dream up and down Jelico mountain. My F250 had A post gauges on it with Turbo, Pyrometer, and Transmission on it. I was looking to install the same on this truck minus the turbo which is already built in on the dash. So I would need the Trans, and Pyrometer. First what is the cost and second is it hard to install myself or is this something for Ford to install. BTW pictures should be downloaded soon of our New Bird and TV in Jellystone if I can ever figure out how to download them from Photobucket to the peep show. Thanks Scott
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Re: A-Pillar Gauges

Post by bigbunkhouse »

first guages are a snap! Never bring to ford for non warranty work! I just put the tranny temp, water temp and oil pressure in my f 350. Mine is a gasser so no pyro needed. I went to summit racing.com, ordered a pillar, looked at the gauges and ordered the Phantom II. I'd recommend calling there because the techs are quite helpful. Next if ya want to put your pics in the peep show just click on the IMG link under the pic you want and copy it into a post. The other formats are not needed for this type of picture posting. If that does not help there is a "how to" on here somewhere.

I just noticed your from Ohio, summit racing is in Tallmadge! :thumbrt:

matt
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Matt, I was wonder why you went the A-pillar route rather than something like the Scan Gauge-II that connects to the OBD-II port?

Rob
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

This time around I went witht the Edge Insight, on a couple of my past Dodges I had A pillar mount gauges and you could lose a school bus behind them.

A Pillar Mount

Insight
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

The obd port just reads what the computer reads, not saying it is not accurate but i like the Idea of another means totally. Plus I like the look of them and when I was a mere lad I dreamt of owning a 4dr for dually with a razor back, running lights under rocker panel, and 3 Pillar guages. Now I can die happy :mrgreen:
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
rpfan
Region Leader
Cardinal Owners: 2009 3802BH (due in Nov13th!!) Have been enjoying ever since!!!

Post by rpfan »

I found the kit for my old 350 at diesel manor.com At the time they had the best price.

Rich
Rich, Fern, Bethany & Justin
2005 F 450, CC, Duallie, 4wd, 25K Air Safe hitch, 100 Gal.aux. fuel tank.
2009 3802 BH LX Edition, 5 slide
Leave no roller coaster unridden!