Said goodbye to Brown Betty

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

WVcampers
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250RL Luxury

Said goodbye to Brown Betty

Post by WVcampers »

Brown Betty was the 04 F350 CC DRW with the infamous 6.0. The last time out, first time this year, she left us about 35 miles short of our destination. It took the Ford dealer a week to get an new intercooler to replace the one with the gaskets blown out. We did come back home until repairs were complete. We were only about 130 miles away.

The battery died in the 5er while it was sitting on the Ford dealer's back lot. I think that I somehow turned on one of the storage compartment lights. I can tell you for sure that the fridge will not work without 12V power, it doesn' matter how much propane is in the tanks. So after we made it to the campground we had trash all of the food in the fridge.

Brown Betty is now on the local Dodge dealers used car lot. I found a 2008 Dodge Quad Cab 2500 Laramie with the Cummins and all of the bells and whistles. It is has 1250 miles on it and had never been titled. This is my first Dodge and I really like it, but we like them all when they are new.

I am just glad that I never got that Blue Oval tattoo over my heart like I said I was going to for years. I hear that removal is painful.

I don't have a name for the new Dodge yet. I can tell you that it is Flame Red on the outside with Grey interior.
Randy & Carol
Elbie (weiner dog)
2018 Cardinal 3250 RLX Luxury Edition
2019 Ford F350 6.7PSD Lariat 4x4 SRW
Rob & Cathy

Re: Said goodbye to Brown Betty

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Randy, congrats on your new TV, I'm sure you'll enjoy your new truck.

Rob
snoking

Post by snoking »

How about "F"ound "O"ur "R"eplacement "D"odge"! Ha! Ha!

And Ford is working on yet another new diesel engine!

Long live the King - AKA 7.3 Powerstroke!

And drum roll, Ford is the big three player with the least amount of financial problems!! Drum roll again!

And I own a Dodge, hope it does not become a orphan like a lot of the motorhomes!

Chris
wild acres

Post by wild acres »

Congradulations, Randy, on the new TV. We have the blue oval, and it will be here till it decides to cause a lot of grief, then we'll look around. I've had Ford's for a long time, but I will always look around before I buy. Enjoy your new ride. John