OMG NEW TRUCK

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

CaptainSkidmark

OMG NEW TRUCK

Post by CaptainSkidmark »

I guess after reading the headlines that Iyou can tell that 'm getting a new truck. Correct-o-man-o-fest-o!!!! While I was off vacationing this week, I went by the local Dodge dealers yesterday and test drove the 09 Megacabs.I can now say unless something awfull happens tomorrow morning, I will be the proud owner of a new 09 Megacab. Its just an SLT model. Since I don't care much for the leather seats(I'm kind of ruff on the interior), and happy as a lark with the options of an SLT and not the added expense for the Lariet. Woot!!! My knees are buckling, my jfingers won't type, I might be hyperventolating, Someone hand me a cold one and let me catch my breath! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Re: OMG NEW TRUCK

Post by Future Fulltimers »

Steady there! =)) Congratulations and enjoy! :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

Take it easy, it is just a DODGE! Just kidding, congrats and smoke em up 8) :thumbrt:
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

Congrats on the new truck, nothing better than getting a new truck--- well almost.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Congrats on the new truck! :thumbrt:

I'll bet you can hardly wait for that first tow. Don't forget to put a few hundred miles on first.

Rob
CaptainSkidmark

Hehehehe, yea I'm still on cloud nine and counting. I went to three different dealer is this process:
1.At the first dealer, they were totally fantastic except the only color was black and I really didn't want black. They offer price was well within reach.
2. Second dealer was out of state and just across the state line. Their offer was the "Lariet" model with leather seats, which I really didn't want, but they also had it in the champaine color. Their offer was not near enough off the sticker compared to the first dealer.
3. This morning I started out going back to the first dealer for the black truck, but remembered we have another dealer in town and stopped by to see them for a quick visit. This is where they had the while Megacab. As I walked by the truck, it called out to me. "Captain Skidmark, I would look great pulling your Cardinal!" :thumbrt: This dealer also gave the best price for my trade in and the new truck.
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

CaptainSkidmark wrote:Hehehehe, yea I'm still on cloud nine and counting. I went to three different dealer is this process:
1.At the first dealer, they were totally fantastic except the only color was black and I really didn't want black. They offer price was well within reach.
2. Second dealer was out of state and just across the state line. Their offer was the "Lariet" model with leather seats, which I really didn't want, but they also had it in the champaine color. Their offer was not near enough off the sticker compared to the first dealer.
3. This morning I started out going back to the first dealer for the black truck, but remembered we have another dealer in town and stopped by to see them for a quick visit. This is where they had the while Megacab. As I walked by the truck, it called out to me. "Captain Skidmark, I would look great pulling your Cardinal!" :thumbrt: This dealer also gave the best price for my trade in and the new truck.
Congrats, come show it off at a rally now. We all want to see the new stuff, how about Vidalia or Durango or Fredericksburg? Maybe all 3? :bounce: :bounce: B-)
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
R & D

Post by R & D »

We are happy for you too. Feels almost like the night before Christmas when you were a kid, huh? You will love your DODGE :D .....and what Bruce said....come to our rallies. The Durango Rally in sept :D would be a perfect time to try her out :bounce: :bounce:
Congrats!
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Congrats captain you will love the new truck :thumbrt:
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Bob Kennedy
Cardinal Owners: 2008 Cardinal 31RK LE

Post by Bob Kennedy »

Congraduations on the new truck. I have a Dodge and I like it over all.
Can mega cab pull a fifth wheel?
Bob and Linda
2008 Cardinal 31RK LE
Towed by 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 SB 4x4
Daisy and Minnie (Miniature Schnauzers)
PaulandTammy
Cardinal Owners: 2009 362BHLE

Post by PaulandTammy »

Congrats!! Can't wait to see the pictures.
PaulandTammy

09 362-BHLE
2011 Dodge 3500 CTD DRW
CaptainSkidmark

Ok, the new truck is for real now and I'm the proud new owner of a 2009 3500 HEAVY DUTY 4x4 dually layered in a all white finish. heheheh I spent the day picking it up and went over to Dandy products to have the new bed rails installed,which I must say they went out of their way to accomodate me. :thumbrt: :thumbrt:

Yep I'm celebrating right now so I may have few mor typing errors than normal, but Geez blame that on the Coors lights and not wine right now.

I guess I'm going to have to get the cmaera out and take some pics of the truck and camper together before every trashes me. Heheheh

It's going to be a long night of celebrating so plz be patient. Dam my knee's ar buckling! And yes, it feels so good going down the road in the new truck. :D :D
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Congratulations! And all WHITE. Get some pictures on here.

From the proud owner of a new '09 F350 Tow Boss, in WHITE.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Congraduations on the new truck, post some pictures.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Captain Skidmark, what does a mega cab mean.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW