Diesel Prices

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Torben

Re: Diesel Prices

Post by Torben »

Hi Jeff
you will not have any problem with fuel on 97, in fact that is where it was $2.59 the lows on the trip
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Chief409 wrote:How is the diesel availability along 97 while towing? We're planning a trip up to Everett, WA via 97 to Wenatchee and US2 over Stevens Pass. It surprised me when my trip planning software (Topo 7) came up showing this route only around 250 miles longer then a shot up I5.
That's a great plan Jeff you'll really enjoy that route over I-5. So when do you plan on being up in this neighborhood?

Rob
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Chief409 wrote:We're planning a trip up to Everett, WA via 97 to Wenatchee and US2 over Stevens Pass.
Jeff, while you're still in the planning stage I would like to suggest a day or two at Maryhill State Park on the Washington side of the Columbia River. http://www.parks.wa.gov/parks/?selected ... bject=maps

Although I've never personally been there I've heard nothing but rave reviews from other campers while we were at other state campgrounds. It's near the top of our list when we start our rediscovery of the PNW next year as retirees.

Rob
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

I'm looking at late May - June. My sister could get us free passes to the Arlington Fly In over the 4th of July, but I'd rather make the trip before it gets hot so we'll give that a pass. After we leave Granite Falls, it will be over the North Cascade Highway to Twisp. Terry and I haven't been that way in WAY too long. The highway should be open before we start the trip, I'd think. We'll return home via US97, unless something distracts us. That's the hard part about planning this trip, so much to see, not enough time, so we'll just have to make the trip again. :D

I've read good reviews about Maryhill SP. Stopping along the Columbia is ON the plan for both legs, there's a good chance we'll stop there at least once. And good to know about fuel stops. I hate it when I can't find a station I can use because I have the 'Bird in tow, and the gauge is around 1/4. That's with gas, diesel is still an all new experience in that respect.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Chief409 wrote:I'm looking at late May - June.
We'll be retired by then and who knows maybe we'll see you at Maryhill.

Rob
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

That would be great. We're just taking our retirement a bit at a time for now. :D
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
bilmorvn
Location: We're fulltimers and have never been physically to our address in Madison SD! Will get there probably when we renew our DL. Try to stay not too warm or cold. Usually go to Mexico in the winter which we love. Will gladly answer ?s about full timing or Mexico.
Cardinal Owners: Have a 2008 35 SB. Had ordered exactly what we wanted and then had to cancel since they changed floorplans. Wanted the W/D in the bathroom, not bedroom. Have some problems, but we love the layout. Have made many modifications including larger windows in small S/O, furniture, cabinet work, 46" TV.

Post by bilmorvn »

In the middle of NY right now--Utica and the prices have been $2.69 to 3.03 for the last three fillups. A four cent decrease a couple of days ago, first in several weeks.
BillMoRex&Princess
Fulltiming since 8/93
2008 35 SB/ 2006 Chev Duramax