Cardinal Club Towing

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Cardinal Club Towing

Post by Olbird »

Did you know our club has towing service !!! :ymapplause:

Well we were on our way to Oregon Coast last week and after a hard pull up the mountain the check transmission light came on and the truck computer put the transmission in safe mode.
Safe mode locks the transmission in a safe gear but does not allow the trans. to shift for pulling.
If I tried to pull the camper up any more hills it would have overheated the transmission so I was stuck on Sunday having to wait for a tow service. :-ss :((
SO WHO DID I CALL OUR BEST FRIENDS MIKE AND SUSANNA, after driving hours from there own camping trip that day they drove a few more hours to pull my camper back home.
It feels so good to have friends that will help you in the time of need, Thanks Mike and Susanna.

GMC read the computer codes and pull the complete wiring harness as instructed to check for a shorted wire or loose connections and found no problems, it could have been one of the harness plugs not snapped in tight from the factory.

It is working OK again and we pulled up some hard mountains this week going back to the coast.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Re: Cardinal Club Towing

Post by Mike Clay »

No problem buddy anytime, it was a good test 7% up hill for like 3 miles with a 30 mph start then a 1 1/2 mile 7% downhill :shock: thats how my eyes really looked going down :shock: Glad you got things worked out and you got to enjoy your trip.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Wow George...when Mike told me he had to go tow you home I couldn't believe it...you haven't been out with your truck that much I didn't think. Sure glad it turned out to be minor and you and Julie got to go on your camping trip!!!

But I gotta wonder....ya think if we broke down he'd come tow us home???? =)) =))

last year Don had to come get him...this year him coming to get you...wonder who's next??? lol
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

Now thats great comradeship!!! I hope if I am ever in a bind I could find somebody to help me out cause I would go in a heartbeat to help if I could! :thumbrt:

Good job Mike and Susana !!!!!!!!!
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

You all have heard me say it takes time to trust a new tow rig, well this is really bad for me because I have a big problem dealing with breaking down. Any rig may leave me on the side of the road twice but never a third time.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW