Supersprings

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Supersprings

Post by bop11 »

Just wondering if anyone is using or knows anything about a product called Supersprings? I am towing a 30TS with a Dodge 2500 CTD. I know I'm probably a over weight by a few hundred pounds on the hitch :shock:. The truck squats about 2" when hooked and after several thousand miles towing I haven't had any uncomfortable pushes, tugs, sways, or bounces.
Looking for opinions on this product or any other product you use such as air bags and the like.
Supersprings we site is www.landandtow.com
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Bop11, I really doubt you are over weight. Might be close but check it to be sure. I went to a CAT Scale in TX. and was more than I guessed but less than truck limit and all axles in limits. If you have a doubt go ahead and weigh it. It only takes a few minutes and a few dollars, mine was $8:50 and gave me piece of mind. Cat scales are at many truck stops and have a website to locate one, otherwise look for a grain elevator or scrap yard near you. My truck squats 2.5 inches and has plenty available weight on that axle. We have done almost 30K miles with ours and no probs so far.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

We have the same trailer and I pull it with a Ford F250. Our truck would also sag. I installed the Firestone air ride system. This allows for ride height adjustment and keeps the truck from riding on the overload springs. Sorry but i can't offer any information on Supersprings.
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I'm pulling a 33 TS with the Dodge 2500, and I think the 33 has a bit heavier hitch weight than the 30. I don't know about the Superspring, but I did install the Firestone Ride-Rite air helper springs. Check Firestone Ride-Rite for info.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Don't know any thing about springs, but we do have airbags. They seem to work great.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Believe it or not your 2500 does not squat as much as the 3500 Dodge. This is my 5th CTD all were 2500 except this one. I put a set of the Firestone Ride Rites on also and it made a big difference.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I was finally able to find some information on the SuperSpring and get on the manufacture's web site. Seems that they would make the ride stiffer all the time, even when unloaded. my $.02 :shock:
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
bop11
Cardinal Owners: 2010 3150 RL
Skype ID: bill.bopra

Post by bop11 »

Future Fulltimers,
I want to thank you for pointing out the ride factor. After going back and taking another look I have to agree with you, the way they mount I think they will make the ride a lot rougher.
Bill
Bill & Penny
2010 3150 RL "The Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2013/67 and have put put 8566 miles on the Bucket List Inn
Nights out in 2014 63
Night out in 2015. 88
Nights out so far in 2016. 58
More fun to come!
TwoPiggs

Post by TwoPiggs »

bop11

Our rig is identical to 'Renter' (except we own our dog) - a 33TS with a Dodge 2500 CTD - short box. We sunk a couple of inches too and after installation of Firestone air springs - the truck is level and I think feels more stable (but it's a subtle change). We run about 30-35 psi when pulling and reduce to 5-8 psi when unloaded.

We installed the air springs ourselves and it took about 2 1/2 hours. It's really helpful to have two sets of hands, but it's a job most anyone could do. Highly recommend Firestone's.

Jeff
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

bop11,
I agree with Jeff, when he posted a pic of his rig, I thought I was looking at mine. :joke: It's a "darned light" thing!
The Ride-Rite air bags was pretty easy to install, and to me it made a huge difference when towing. Not much difference in the ride when running light, which is a good thing. And I do rent my critter.
But when I'm lonely, campswithcritters hauls the critter off somewhere. I guess when I retire, I'll have to get my own critter. :P