Aux Fuel Tank

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Aux Fuel Tank

Post by Chief409 »

Just looking to see if anyone has one of the Transferflow Aux Tank/Tool Box Trac II combo systems in a Ford Diesel. I'm considering either the 40 or 50 gallon, with the Riser Kit. I'd like to know how much space one takes up in the bed, how deep the tool box is, experiences good or bad with installers, on the road, etc. This is the link to the Transferflow web site:

http://www.transferflow.com/toolbox_tan ... ml#Toolbox tank riser kit

Thanks.
Jeff
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Torben

Re: Aux Fuel Tank

Post by Torben »

Hi Jeff
On my 08 Chevy short bed I installed the Transferflow aux tank that is attached to the frame under the bed, I liked that much better because I didn't want loose any space in the bed. It holds 45 gal. I dont know if it available for a Ford. :?:
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Torbin, there is a replacement fuel tank available, but I need a toolbox anyway. I'm tired of the Rubbermaid container behind the seat, and the riser kit should allow me to haul full sheets of plywood, etc. that I usually carry from Home Depot. Plus, 86 gallons of diesel with the 50 gallon aux will go a long way, but a 30 or 40 gallon aux is more reasonable when you look at the weight. Not that I'm always reasonable. :lol:
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Torben

Post by Torben »

Valid point, I pretty much use my truck as a tow vehicle , it is not were ofter I remove the hitch our of the bed of the pickup :)