New tow vehicle car carrier on the way

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Re: New tow vehicle car carrier on the way

Post by Olbird »

We can't wait to get get out, putting stone on the fireplace this weekend and working 12 -14 hours a day at the plant preparing for the annual shutdown.
Rain is really getting to me this year but hope to make our first trip sometime late May.
Enjoy the weekend, you may get a little sun breaking through.
Hows the I-Pad working ?
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Mike Clay wrote: George get in that truck and hook it up to your trailer and go, breaking down even though not fun is part of the adventure and memories. :d I know been on the side of the road sitting in my lawn chair next to my trailer watching my truck leaving on a flat bed :-ss
George He had a great weekend after that happened and met lots of fine people and remember the following year you helped Mike Gutsch when he had problems with his trailer at Jackson and we all learned from that experience, so "get your butts in the truck hook up the trailer and enjoy life and RVing"

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Just go for it George. If something happens then you deal with it as it's all part of the adventure. Don't worry about something that hasn't happened. The more you go out the more confidence you'll have in your rig.

Rob
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

All part of the adventure that goes with the lifestyle George, not gonna sit still so nothing ever breaks. Somehow this truck already got 500,000 miles and is capable of doing that again, there will be issues but even a brand new truck can literally put you on your feet. At least I have a spare set of wheels along on the back.
Mark, can not seem to find a bigger truck that is street legal and with the rear axles capable of 38,000 lbs I think even behind the axles will be ok. Remember I do have a car sitting in front of the axles.
Jim we are planning on arriving in Iron Mountain Michigan end of June so might be good timing.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Olbird wrote:Everything is looking good and coming together, take your time and get it right the first time before hitting the road.

Although you sure have more trust in a rig then me, -------- I only have 9,000 miles on my truck.

I think that is why I do not like to go on long trips because of the fear of being on the side of the road.
George, you need to stop worrying :-ss :-ss ..................You have your food, shelter with you, and part of the adventure is getting there (even if it is after awhile).

I know of people running the big trucks, with over a MILLION miles on them, and still running strong. You have a rig big enough to get you most anywhere, all you need to do , is put your cares aside . GO for it . :thumbrt:

Bruce..................Believe me, I KNOW you have more than enough truck, just having a little fun with you .. :ymcowboy: :ymcowboy: :joke:
Torben

Post by Torben »

George last year we started to go on our annual camping trip with our kids and grandkids, the truck broke down had to leave the trailer along side the road and ended up going tent camping instead. We still had a blast :d So just go for it , George.

All you have to do is put up a Cardinal Club decal and you are in business :d :d :d

Travelers

Post by Travelers »

Custom built is just that. Custom. Can't wait 'til you all get up here in Michigan to see it. :thumbrt:
surveyman

Post by surveyman »

Bruce and John
Bruce I have been following your truck build post and I can't say I have ever seen a bigger rig, hopefully it will be the dream machine for you! Look forward to seeing the final pictures.
If the weekend works out for us when you are in Iron Mountain we would like to join you if you don't mind. We are only about 2 hours south. Could have a mini rally! :D Do you know what campground you are staying at?
campswithcritters
exempt member

Will be at Summer Breeze Campground in Iron Mountain, arriving last week in June. I go to work on 5 July returning August 19, we will depart and work our way south (slowly) at a week or so after that. Sharon will be there with the rig the entire time period. Company is always welcome or we might set up something along the way south, northward trek is scheduled to be full of family visits. The southbound trek is more relaxed as we don't want to get back to Texas until end of September as it's just too darn hot down here that time of year.
I attended a heavy duty rv truck rally in October, saw no bigger trucks than what I am building. That being said several were as big and many stretched frames for workshops & garages built on to them. Strange bunch of people, a lot like Cardinal Owners. :thumbrt: =))
EAW
Cardinal Owners: 2005 Cardinal 31RKT
Skype ID: eaward49

Post by EAW »

Bruce, if you are near Nauvoo, IL on the way back, stop by. If you have any DIY maintenance issues we'll put you in the bird house and take care of them. That is going to an awesome pulling machine. :thumbrt:

Sharon and Penny can go enjoy the Baxter Winery also.
Earnie, Penny, and Roxie
2005 Cardinal 31 RKT with many mods.
2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Denali 4WD LB SWR w/DuraMax, 10spd Allison

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mark Twain
surveyman

Post by surveyman »

Summer Breeze is a nice little campground just outside of town, been there a number of times but not within the last two years. Hopefully we can get together, do you golf or fish?
campswithcritters
exempt member

surveyman wrote:Summer Breeze is a nice little campground just outside of town, been there a number of times but not within the last two years. Hopefully we can get together, do you golf or fish?
Have not golfed in over 30 years, but still like a bit of fly fishing from time to time (never got good at it but enjoy trying). :ymcowboy:
campswithcritters
exempt member

Real Visual Progress now:

Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Hey Bruce Looks like it is getting closer to delivery day :ymapplause: :ymapplause: . Looking really good!
Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

That's going to be impressive going down the highway. :thumbrt: