Low boost code

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Low boost code

Post by Mike Clay »

Well my luck got a check engine light today for low boost. Called onstar to confirm the code PO299 and its for low boost, cleared the code with my insight to see if it would re throw but of coarse no it did not and the dealer will not look at it until it does :evil: Got on diesel place to see if anybody else is having problems and there are about 6 other 2011 trucks with the same problem. Most of them set the code while towing mine set in a parking lot :?: GM is aware of the problem and needs to re write the software to fix it but wont have it until after the first of the year. :shock: :evil: :evil: Sooo for the first time in my life im hoping to set a code so I can take it to the dealer to have them look at it and make sure its not a bad ECM or actuator sensor, kind of hope it is so i dont have to wait for a software fix. :((
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
snoking

Re: Low boost code

Post by snoking »

Maybe it draws the intake air from the truck bed and the new cover is restricking flow? Chris =))
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

It sounds like GM has a fix and I doubt that the dealer will do anything until the fix is applied first.

Rob
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Well the problem is some of the people with this problem have had to have the ecm replaced others a sensor if they cant find a cause then you wait. My boost is all over the place and my idle is up which is the symptoms everybody is having. I am going to call the dealer and hit them up with a low power issue so they will take it and check it out.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Torben

Post by Torben »

What kind of reading are you getting on the edge insider :?: I am not sure what you mean " low boost" Is there no turbo boost when you need it for power :?:
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Torben looking at the Edge Insight my boost is all over the place right now. As you know this gauge was not made for the LML trucks but for the most part it is reading correctly for the items i need. When I go into regen my boost will go to the negative side when i let off the throttle which has been normal since day one, but I just came out of regen and still seeing negative to low boost it is at -.08 when at idle and under normal driving sometimes wont go over 1.5 lbs of boost then will jump to 3 to 4 lbs like normal. I can feel the lack of power to go along with these readings, then it will jump to normal, my idle is also high when this is happening which is another symptom with this problem people are having. I think under sustained boost like on the freeway it is going to trip a code again will find out today going out to the trailer then if it does not trip will tow the trailer a few miles which is when most of the people are noticing the problem. For what ever reason mine went off in a parking lot so do not understand that since the code is set if you are running 7 lbs of boost less then what the computer thinks you should run.

Of coarse i cleared the code and the dealer wont look at it until i have a code since now a days techs cant seem to fix anything without one :evil: But I am going to talk to the dealer on Monday and complain about low power which will make them check the items needed like the actuator sensor and the ECM
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Torben

Post by Torben »

Ok, Now I understand :D Thanks
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Well drove over 100 miles today 20 of which were towing the little girl all was well boost is back to normal so I guess I have to wait and see if it will do it again.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

That's too bad you couldn't duplicate the problem. Intermittent problems are the worst. It's happened to you and others so you know it will be back it just a matter of when and where.

Rob
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

Mike Clay wrote:Torben looking at the Edge Insight my boost is all over the place right now. As you know this gauge was not made for the LML trucks but for the most part it is reading correctly for the items i need. When I go into regen my boost will go to the negative side when i let off the throttle which has been normal since day one, but I just came out of regen and still seeing negative to low boost it is at -.08 when at idle and under normal driving sometimes wont go over 1.5 lbs of boost then will jump to 3 to 4 lbs like normal. I can feel the lack of power to go along with these readings, then it will jump to normal, my idle is also high when this is happening which is another symptom with this problem people are having. I think under sustained boost like on the freeway it is going to trip a code again will find out today going out to the trailer then if it does not trip will tow the trailer a few miles which is when most of the people are noticing the problem. For what ever reason mine went off in a parking lot so do not understand that since the code is set if you are running 7 lbs of boost less then what the computer thinks you should run.

Of coarse i cleared the code and the dealer wont look at it until i have a code since now a days techs cant seem to fix anything without one :evil: But I am going to talk to the dealer on Monday and complain about low power which will make them check the items needed like the actuator sensor and the ECM

The low power condition can be easily rectified by running to the nearest FORD dealer! LOL =)) =))
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Why do they need one towed back to the factory
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Ouch............. :joke:
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

Mike Clay wrote:Why do they need one towed back to the factory
pretty good, pretty good :ymhug:
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

:D
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Torben

Post by Torben »

That a boy, Mike, give those Ford guys H%#@ll =)) =))