Pickups.com Rumble in the Rockies

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

WVcampers
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250RL Luxury

Re: Pickups.com Rumble in the Rockies

Post by WVcampers »

I will admit that power is not the deciding factor for me. I had the Duramax/Allison, it is a great power combo, but the trucks suspension and ride left me totally unsatisfied. I have owned 4 Ford diesels they are my favorite by far but the last one was the 6.0 that was in the shop more than any truck that I owned before. Now I have the less powerful Dodge and I have no complaints. The "Rumble in the Rockies" would not convince me to purchase either one. I know that I don't like the Chevy and I don't want to be the test driver for Ford at my expense again.
Randy & Carol
Elbie (weiner dog)
2018 Cardinal 3250 RLX Luxury Edition
2019 Ford F350 6.7PSD Lariat 4x4 SRW
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

WVcampers wrote:I will admit that power is not the deciding factor for me. I had the Duramax/Allison, it is a great power combo, but the trucks suspension and ride left me totally unsatisfied. I have owned 4 Ford diesels they are my favorite by far but the last one was the 6.0 that was in the shop more than any truck that I owned before. Now I have the less powerful Dodge and I have no complaints. The "Rumble in the Rockies" would not convince me to purchase either one. I know that I don't like the Chevy and I don't want to be the test driver for Ford at my expense again.
I've only driven one Ford 6.0, a 2006 F250 from Hertz Equipment Rental for two weeks last month. 103,00 miles and the rear main seal was leaking like a sieve. I almost got the 6.0 when I bought my 2005 F250, but got the V10 instead, 'cuz I had this feeling, if you know what I mean. I'm glad I held off. And I waited until the 6.4 had the bugs worked out. I never jump on the first issue of any new product. However, a Ford Turbo Diesel was my goal given we live above 2000'. Like I said "a Keeper". ;)
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Samsbird
Cardinal Owners: 35 sbqle fifth wheel
Skype ID: yes

Post by Samsbird »

GM knew the results before they even offered the challange however, the real test would be at 5K feet which would be more of a real world comparison and no doubt the results would change. During the rumble in the rockies the Chevy used 3 times more DEF than the Ford, this leads one to believe that the tuning on the chevy is better suited for the higher altitudes, putting that much urea into the system is keeping it cleaner and thus more power at the higher altitude (expensive to say the least). Ford has taken over 50% of the heavy duty market and the new Ford built engine is getting great reviews, they will probably get bolder with their programming after they have logged at least a year of consumer use. Gotta love the competition it makes all of us winners.

Randall
2009 35sbq fifth wheel
2012 F350 SRW King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke
1969 (428 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1)
1970 (Boss 302)
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Ok i missed something here what does urea have to do with horsepower