How often do you change your antifreeze?

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

dieselfreak21
Cardinal Owners: 2003 Cardinal 32 LX

Re: How often do you change your antifreeze?

Post by dieselfreak21 »

R&D your dodge take a special Blend called HOAT. It is supposed to be good to 150k Miles or 7 years and due to it "special" fomula it isn't supposed to cause pitting if changed at recommended intervals. The only places you can get this is the dealer or a NAPA as Zerex is the only company that makes it to the tune of $11 a gallon and NAPA is the only place to carry Zerex. Didn't even check to see what the stealer wanted. Also if you add the "compatible" stuff to it will cause issues and the blends don't play well together. I lost my water pump and had no choice but to add "compatable" and didn't get a flush done till about 2k miles later. Thermostat was shot and was running hot. My diesel performance guy had several common rail trucks in his shop that have been blown up due to over performance mods with 50-100k miles and the water jackets looks like new, unlike some of the other motors that don't use HOAT so it leads me to believe Cummins claims that it needs it and it protects the block. I still plan to test my mine ever 50K or so.
TV:2003 Ram 2500 QC/LB 4x4 Cummins Powered 5 SPD Hand Shaker. TV MODS: 60 hp injectors, TST, Dual Disk Clutch, Chrome Stacks, Ride Rite Bags, B&W TOB and Companion and 500 hp.
RV:2003 32' Cardinal 32LX rolling on Eagle alloys and Hankook F19's