My truck's first wreck

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

My truck's first wreck

Post by markj »

We love our children right? Mine borrowed the F350 diesel and lost a fight with a guard rail---$7000! Mainly front bumper, rear bumper, bent wheel, scratches, rear fender bent, possible alignment--frame? frame seems ok. Local ford dealer to fix it.

Any issues I should be aware of or ask this dealer? It was an immaculate truck & he promises to return it that way. well............ they have state-of-the-art equipment to check the frame alignment, etc.
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)
Travelers

Re: My truck's first wreck

Post by Travelers »

Glad everyone's all right.
Sounds like mostly cosmetic damage. These trucks are pretty tough and doubt if there is any frame damage.
Take pics.
R & D

Post by R & D »

Ouch :cry: Well accidents happen and that's why we have insurance. Our vehicles can be replaced, but our loved ones can't. I come from a family that has a very large & well know auto body business in Pittsburgh. Believe me, you wouldn't believe some of the wrecks that came in and how perfect they were when they drove out. Not to worry....these "auto surgeons" are miracle workers. Get her repaired, and this too shall pass.
Kinda remind me of all the damage we inflicted on Lil Red the day we brought her home from her "maiden voyage" :(( We were sick about it until she was fixed.
markj
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 31RKLE

Post by markj »

Thanks for the positive comments. Yes, everyone's fine. My son had his 2 sons aged 3 & 4 strapped well in their car seats in the rear seat--they bounced but no injuries. He was going 50 and a car coming at him crossed the center line while texting, etc., and my son swirved out of the way skidding on the wet pavement.
2007 Cardinal 31RKLE
Hijacker 21K underfloor mount
Fifth Airborne pin box
2006 Ford F350 PSD extended cab
1990 Seaswirl fishing boat!
Kiki (the cat)