Long crank time starting 6.0 PSD

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

dieselfreak21
Cardinal Owners: 2003 Cardinal 32 LX

Re: Long crank time starting 6.0 PSD

Post by dieselfreak21 »

Glad you got it fixed but what a crook dealer. You had reported this issue before the warrenty and it turned out to be a know problem with the 6.0 X( . They should have covered that on the original claim. If you wouldn't mine pm me that dealer I was looking to buy a mustang and want to make sure I don't give them any business.
TV:2003 Ram 2500 QC/LB 4x4 Cummins Powered 5 SPD Hand Shaker. TV MODS: 60 hp injectors, TST, Dual Disk Clutch, Chrome Stacks, Ride Rite Bags, B&W TOB and Companion and 500 hp.
RV:2003 32' Cardinal 32LX rolling on Eagle alloys and Hankook F19's
Samsbird
Cardinal Owners: 35 sbqle fifth wheel
Skype ID: yes

Re: Long crank time starting 6.0 PSD

Post by Samsbird »

Follow up on the REV-X product that so many have recommended, I changed the oil in my 6.0 before leaving to yellowstone and added (2) 8oz bottles of REV-X and I have noticed positive results. The item that really stands out is that I have no more surging upon startup, it starts and goes directly into a steady idle without any up and down surges. Based on these results I am going to follow their recommendation and add (1) bottle during each oil change. Just thought I would share my positive experience with others that may be having similiar issues.

Randall
2009 35sbq fifth wheel
2012 F350 SRW King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke
1969 (428 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1)
1970 (Boss 302)