Better Mileage

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Re: Better Mileage

Post by Double D's »

i will zip.......
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
dieselfreak21
Cardinal Owners: 2003 Cardinal 32 LX

Re: Better Mileage

Post by dieselfreak21 »

IF I wasn't spoiling the DW, i would already have my new truck :)). As for the subject, yep there is cost to make it better and there is the legal stuff but most LEO have bigger fish to fry right now. My last caviot is if you don't plan on putting a 100k miles on the truck or keep it that long then i wouldn't mess with it at all. No return on investment in that short of time. They engineered the engines with the emissions, just well enough to at least make it to the warranty period end and that is all the manufacture care about and they must meet the emission lunacy to sell them so we are where we are. Chevy seems to be on the right track with the 9th injector so the turbo and pistions don't have to take all the abuse and the urea reduces the number of regens so their mileage should restore along with Ford. Time will tell what the results of all of this will be.
TV:2003 Ram 2500 QC/LB 4x4 Cummins Powered 5 SPD Hand Shaker. TV MODS: 60 hp injectors, TST, Dual Disk Clutch, Chrome Stacks, Ride Rite Bags, B&W TOB and Companion and 500 hp.
RV:2003 32' Cardinal 32LX rolling on Eagle alloys and Hankook F19's