Mud Flaps

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Mud Flaps

Post by Chief409 »

A few people at the Jackson Rally asked about the Rock Tamer mud flaps I have on my F350 dually. Here's a link to where I bought mine.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Rock-Tam ... 716361.uts

When I ordered mine I checked around on prices and didn't find any lower price, that may of changed by now of course.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
rlhedlund

Re: Mud Flaps

Post by rlhedlund »

Will they work with a 2 1/2" receiver?
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

I purchased these shortly after I bought the truck.
http://www.huskyliners.com/Custom-Molded-Mud-Guards :thumbrt:
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

rlhedlund wrote:Will they work with a 2 1/2" receiver?
"If you've been looking for a way to protect your boat, ATV, snowmobile and other towables from kicked-up road debris without having to permanently mount heavy-duty mudflaps on your vehicle, your search just ended. Rock Tamers easily secure to a standard 2" ball mount (sold separately) to protect anything behind you, and are just as easily removed and stowed when you're not towing. Support rods are heavy-gauge, corrosion-resistant anodized-aluminum with stainless steel mounting hardware. The system adjusts in width from 66-3/4" to 93-3/4" and pivoting arms give you the ability to change the height for maximum coverage on different vehicle heights or under variable towing loads. The powder-coated center hub requires a minimum of 1" clearance. The flaps are 24" x 24" rubber that's 3/8" thick and molded to a layer of tear-resistant fabric. The back of the mudflaps has a special anti-splash pattern, and the flaps can be cut to any length by using the pre-molded cut lines. No drilling required. One-year manufacturer's warranty."

I got these for two reasons:

a. The regular mudflaps I was using would get pinched between the tire and a obstacle while backing and getting ripped off. (NOT with the 'Bird hooked up of course).

b. More importantly, there wasn't enough room between the tire and the flap with anti-sail bars to use tire chains on my dually.
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.