Still having truck problems

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Re: Still having truck problems

Post by bigbunkhouse »

Hey Rob------your gasser----ever have to get ur fuel filters changed after bad fuel or water in the fuel? me neither! :d

Just joshin guys......hope it all works out and everybody makes the rally :ymhug:
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

It could be the water sensor in the fuel filter also giving a false signal to the trucks computer. I am not sure if Ford has it going into limp mode causing the power lose or it is truly a plugged filter.
Did they say that they had to reset a code in the truck or just changed the filters.
Many places can clear the codes and return the system back to normal but if it detects the problem again back comes the code and engine light.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

Olbird wrote:It could be the water sensor in the fuel filter also giving a false signal to the trucks computer. I am not sure if Ford has it going into limp mode causing the power lose or it is truly a plugged filter.
Did they say that they had to reset a code in the truck or just changed the filters.
Many places can clear the codes and return the system back to normal but if it detects the problem again back comes the code and engine light.
A good case for having a Scan Gauge. I used mine last year several times to clear codes and get me out of limp mode while on the interstate. It paid for itself more than once.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

The Edge plug & play gauge monitor units like Mike and I have work well because they will read the codes and also clear them.
About $ 300 - 400.00 but works well as a duel function unit.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

rlhedlund wrote:
Olbird wrote:It could be the water sensor in the fuel filter also giving a false signal to the trucks computer. I am not sure if Ford has it going into limp mode causing the power lose or it is truly a plugged filter.
A good case for having a Scan Gauge. I used mine last year several times to clear codes and get me out of limp mode while on the interstate. It paid for itself more than once.
I have the Scan Gauge too and so far have never had to clear any code (knock on wood). :d

Rob
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin

Post by Olbird »

Pull Rite now makes a plate that can be removed very easy for regular hitch pulling, sounds like a good idea when you need a emergency tow.
George & Julie

2022 Ford F450 DRW