I Could Possibly See a Dodge in My Future

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Re: I Could Possibly See a Dodge in My Future

Post by Chief409 »

Ram 5500 Mega Cab, 8' box, three tanks totaling 170 gallons, 197.4" wheelbase (24' long over all), 37,000# CGVW. BIG TRUCK. Estimated vehicle weight under 10,000# with all that fuel (I don't believe that). I wonder if they'll ever put it into production.

Jeff
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
Cowtown

Post by Cowtown »

Nice looking... I think it will have a place...
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

Check out the Sterling they may already have it available. I know they have one model with dodge chassis with the cummins engine connected to the allison transmission.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
dieselfreak21
Cardinal Owners: 2003 Cardinal 32 LX

Post by dieselfreak21 »

Talked to a buddy that does design work them, he isn't involved at all but the has been keeping a ear out for the other department on if it will go live or not. He knowns they would like to have it compete with the 450 king ranch and this would be suprior. Plus if they go with it is will have the commercial automatics they put in the 5500 which is leaps and bound ahead of the 3500's automatic. Only down fall is it will have urea as they still need to keep their california clean idle standards. He doesn't think the kelderman system will be standard but an option but no idea if factory installed option or dealer installed option. Expect it to be expensive no projections as not his department but I have heard some rumors on the diesel forums they may be north of $65k with out the kelderman system.
TV:2003 Ram 2500 QC/LB 4x4 Cummins Powered 5 SPD Hand Shaker. TV MODS: 60 hp injectors, TST, Dual Disk Clutch, Chrome Stacks, Ride Rite Bags, B&W TOB and Companion and 500 hp.
RV:2003 32' Cardinal 32LX rolling on Eagle alloys and Hankook F19's
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

dieselfreak21 wrote: Only down fall is it will have urea as they still need to keep their california clean idle standards.
One note about this. The smog equipment is a Federal EPA requirement. Including the DPF and all the other whatever that has been choking the diesels for the last few years.

Starting in 2014 it'll be tougher. Obama just signed off on the new truck EPA requirements today.

Jeff
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
dieselfreak21
Cardinal Owners: 2003 Cardinal 32 LX

Post by dieselfreak21 »

Chief409 wrote:
dieselfreak21 wrote: Only down fall is it will have urea as they still need to keep their california clean idle standards.
One note about this. The smog equipment is a Federal EPA requirement. Including the DPF and all the other whatever that has been choking the diesels for the last few years.

Starting in 2014 it'll be tougher. Obama just signed off on the new truck EPA requirements today.

Jeff
The 6.7 with out urea meets federal EPA guideline currently, hence why they are the only 11 year truck that doesn't have it on non commercial platform. It doesn't meet CARB's clean idel with out it. 2014 standard will require urea for the 6.7 to meet if they want to keep any fuel mileage and power, so it will be a mute point buy then any way and I would doubt they get this to market until 14 any way. All 13 model year 6.7 will all have urea is the current word on the street. With out that certification you legally can't idle a commercial truck in california is my understanding so they put urea on all 3500-5500 C&C, so they didn't limit where commercal folks could go with their loads. Although until the 12 model year you could order a 3500 C&C with out urea but wouldn't be clean idle certified. But I could have bad sources of information as well as I got all of this from Dodge and one of its few dealers I trust when i was truck shoping.
TV:2003 Ram 2500 QC/LB 4x4 Cummins Powered 5 SPD Hand Shaker. TV MODS: 60 hp injectors, TST, Dual Disk Clutch, Chrome Stacks, Ride Rite Bags, B&W TOB and Companion and 500 hp.
RV:2003 32' Cardinal 32LX rolling on Eagle alloys and Hankook F19's