Class Action

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

CaptainSkidmark

Class Action

Post by CaptainSkidmark »

Hi All,
I just received a letter from a Law Office representing a class action for 2007 thru 2009 Dodge trucks, that have experienced engine light, loss of power. poor gas mileage,engine running poorly, and turbo defects. I like this 6.7 truck except for the lower fuel mileage...I dropped five mile per gallon over the 5.9 truck...ouch!!!! I never thought much about the mileage until the fuel price started to climb this high. Has anyone else received this kind of letter? Any advice is welcome.
WVcampers
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250RL Luxury

Re: Class Action

Post by WVcampers »

I received the same letter. I traded the 08 Dodge last May for a 2011 Ford. I never had the first problem with the truck so it would be hard for me to join a class action suit. I trashed the letter.
Randy & Carol
Elbie (weiner dog)
2018 Cardinal 3250 RLX Luxury Edition
2019 Ford F350 6.7PSD Lariat 4x4 SRW
CaptainSkidmark

Post by CaptainSkidmark »

Yea, I'm not a fan about Class action too, but I was curious because this is the first time I've ever received anything like this.
honker

Post by honker »

I worked for Walmart for 15 years before retiring. As you all know they always have a class action for something. I would recommend to anyone if you got the letter, fill it out and send it in. All it cost you is a stamp. Last class action letter I got from Walmart, I didn't think I would qualify for anything but mailed it back. On July 1st I got a check for $ 589 so what the heck, do it......................... you never know. Karen :)
Big Bird
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250

Post by Big Bird »

Caution when joining a class action, you may be giving your rights to a law firm you know nothing about and give up your right to take action. The law firm will file a legal action with the court and often the only funds paid out by the defendant are legal fees to the law firm you gave your rights to and maybe a donation to some safety action group; you get nothing. Sometimes you may even be asked to pay toward the case. If you have issues with a product or service, consult a local attorney.
Big Bird

Marv and Jackie
WVcampers
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250RL Luxury

Post by WVcampers »

honker wrote:I worked for Walmart for 15 years before retiring. As you all know they always have a class action for something. I would recommend to anyone if you got the letter, fill it out and send it in. All it cost you is a stamp. Last class action letter I got from Walmart, I didn't think I would qualify for anything but mailed it back. On July 1st I got a check for $ 589 so what the heck, do it......................... you never know. Karen :)
I guess that you can call me crazy, but I can't sue somebody for something that I don't have a right to. I did not have the first problem with my Dodge truck so why should I ask Dodge for money? I received one to add my name to a class action against Sirius sattelitte too. I have no complaints about them either so it also went into the trash. The lawyers get rich, the people get pennies on the dollar and the businesses pass the cost to the consumers. I guess you can tell that I am not a fan of the class action.
Randy & Carol
Elbie (weiner dog)
2018 Cardinal 3250 RLX Luxury Edition
2019 Ford F350 6.7PSD Lariat 4x4 SRW