I Couldn't Make This Stuff Up

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

rlhedlund

I Couldn't Make This Stuff Up

Post by rlhedlund »

Local dealer calls me at lunch to tell me the DEF pump will be in today and they will have truck ready late today. YEAHHHH! But wait.

Just as I'm getting ready to have someone drop me off......... I get a call from the dealer telling me the info was incorrect. Part did not come in today. Not sure when it will be here. Another weekend no truck. That makes three now.

I call the Tarboro dealer. I want my old truck back. NO CAN DO. My old truck is inoperable. Seems the computer is wiped out. Truck won't start. No explanation. And the funny thing is, I believe he is telling me the truth. They had two engine trouble codes three days after I traded it in. They changed a glow plug. Now the ECM is dead.

I said I could never make this stuff up.
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Re: I Couldn't Make This Stuff Up

Post by Olbird »

See what type of trade-in the Ford dealer doing the repairs will give you, I know it sounds crazy but give it a shot you may even loose a few hundred but you just may need that new truck feeling again and stop wondering if its going to be a problem truck forever. You will have the most dealing power in your faver today.
Did you change over your hitch already.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

If it was me I would be going to a Dodge or Chevy dealer and seeing what they would give me for it if you ever get to see it again, what a pain.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
snoking

Post by snoking »

Ford should buy it back and put you in a new truck including installing your hitch. Chris
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

snoking wrote:Ford should buy it back and put you in a new truck including installing your hitch. Chris
Gotta agree with this , it is Disgusting what they are doing .........How many miles do you have on it??
Flintstones

Post by Flintstones »

Have you tried calling Ford Motor Company and talking to the factory rep for your area? Have you called the consumer protection hotline for your state? I would also contact the better business bureau on the matter. You should consider posting your problem on the Ford Diesel Forums as there are plenty of folks with ideas on how to tackle this problem.

My 2011 F-350 has 9,000 miles on it, and has been a reliable workhorse. I think once you get this def pump fixed you will like the truck and appreciate all it has to offer.
rwlouks
Cardinal Owners: 34 QRL (Taj Mah III)

Post by rwlouks »

Try calling the Ford corporate customer relationship center at 800 392-3673.
Russ & Dawn
2008 34 QRL (Taj Mah III)
2011 Super Duty
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

800 miles on the new truck
Hitch has already been installed the morning I dropped it off at the repair dealer
Still has dealer tags on it
I refuse to register it in VA until resolved
I have not cashed the check for the payoff overage balance on my old truck
I have not cashed the check for the taxes due VA DMV

I am waiting for the latest FACTS on part status today.

HERE IS WHAT I WROTE THE NC FORD ZONE MANAGER YESTERDAY:

And I have to make payments on a vehicle that I can not even use? I had the truck five days. Ford has had it 15 days so far. I have been given no assurance the part will arrive tomorrow either. Actually, someone called me to tell me the part would arrive today and the truck would be ready to pick up tonight. That turned out not to be true.

I have run out of patience. I have asked Brandon for my old truck back. He now informs me that my old truck will not run as the computer is inoperable. I have no patience left.

I asked Brandon, and I'll ask you: What would you do if you were in my position? My position is that I was told this was a two hour fix. Then it would be the next day. Then it would be early the following week. Then I was told it would be later last week. Then I was told it would be by October 10. Then I was told it would be sometime after October 11. Then I was told it would be today. Then I was told it MAY POSSIBLY be tomorrow.

Honestly, tell me, "What would you do?" Everyone is doing everything they can do, but nobody can tell me with certainty what is getting done.

I deal with companies dealing with million dollar a day downtime. I am used to jumping through hoops to get parts shipped across the country and waiting in airports for parts to arrive in the middle of the night. I have driven to Atlanta on a Friday night to pick up a motor and returning the next day. I don't understand why it takes so long for so many people to give me so many different answers. WHO IS IN CHARGE OF GETTING THIS JOB COMPLETED?

Thank you for YOUR patience.

Ron Hedlund
Samsbird
Cardinal Owners: 35 sbqle fifth wheel
Skype ID: yes

Post by Samsbird »

I would venture to say that whenever this is all behind you that you will be glad you traded up to the Ford. This DEF era is new to this industry and still a few bugs showing up. Good luck

Randall
2009 35sbq fifth wheel
2012 F350 SRW King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke
1969 (428 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1)
1970 (Boss 302)
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

I'm sure the truck will be fine. Just like my Duramax was a great truck as well. The reason I have a Ford is, in part, because GM screwed me on a $1000 warranty repair.

I don't have issues with equipment. I have issues with poor customer service.
Illona Lucas
Region Leader
Cardinal Owners: 2008 35 ft SB

Post by Illona Lucas »

Ron, Bud an I are sorry that you are haveing so much trouble with your truck. We hope things work out for you. Hope to see you guys soon

Bud and Ilona
Bud and Illona
2008 35SB W/Trailair
Six Point Level Up System
2006 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab
Air Lift 5000 Air Bags
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Samsbird wrote: you will be glad you traded up to the Ford
Randall
I am not sure he feels he traded up.

In this forum write-up on the FORD site it seems that a person has contacts to a person in charge of Customer Service in a high position.
He may be able to help you with you repair problems.
No one should have to deal with problems the dealers can't fix (ANY BRAND YOU BUY)

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f14 ... ms-289645/
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

Friday afternoon, I drove two hours down to Tarboro, NC to tell Doug Henry Ford they can have the new F-350 back. They said that was not an option. I don't care.

I have not registered the truck in VA. I stopped by the local dealer that has the new truck and emptied it of all my possessions before I left for Tarboro. They are going to send a roll back up to VA to pick up the truck and haul it back to NC. They say they are going to take an entire DEF tank and pump assembly off one of their new diesels and install it on mine and drive it back up to my shop. We'll see. The 30 day tags run out next week.
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

Just completed my online Ford Motor Company vehicle purchase experience survey. :d :d :d =)) =)) =))
snoking

Post by snoking »

Olbird wrote:
Samsbird wrote: you will be glad you traded up to the Ford
Randall
I am not sure he feels he traded up.

In this forum write-up on the FORD site it seems that a person has contacts to a person in charge of Customer Service in a high position.
He may be able to help you with you repair problems.
No one should have to deal with problems the dealers can't fix (ANY BRAND YOU BUY)

http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f14 ... ms-289645/
I just read the diesel stop link. I think Ford is really trying to hold the line on buy backs because of all the negative press the 6.0 buy backs got. They really want to have a great truck with this new inhouse diesel. Well seems they need to do some customer service classes for everyone from the dealer up the line.

Now the real question, have these new trucks become to complex for their own good???? :-B :-B :-B

Chris