I give up!

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

rlhedlund

I give up!

Post by rlhedlund »

Installed drop in bed liner with cut outs for the hitch rails. Installed chrome window vents, installed dash mat. Installed diamond plate, low-profile tool box.

Check engine light back on. Same code. P20DB. Here we go again. Out of respect for other owners of new trucks here, I will quit posting. It's gotta be getting old.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Re: I give up!

Post by Mike Clay »

Please don't stop posting we need to be aware of problems. I really don't know how you deal with it I'm afraid if it was me I probably would be out some money sine that sucker would be down the road because I never could trust it.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

goodluck! Dont loose faith, and let us know how it all turns out. Im not tired of ur posts, just feel bad for what ur going thru
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Don't stop posting, it will help you deal the problem.
If I lived close I would love to go with you and make a big scene in the showroom, we would get a new truck or go to jail.
It may really be time to force a trade, make them give you some numbers on the cost to walk away with a new truck.
They can make the numbers work, and purchase a 2012 or the last production dates of 2011, my friend owns a Ford dealership and he said they keep improving the newest diesel truck orders from the factory.
He said the Ford engineers and dealers know of the few new design problems the diesel trucks have been having, mostly the transmission solenoids giving shift tuning problems, head and valve problems and DEF problems that both GM and Ford are dealing with.
He said the 2012 transmissions should be corrected of the known problems.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

Sounds like they are in such a hurry to hit the market that the R&D falls way short of competency. I'd rather wait for the proper model year than rush to a new product riddled with problems. I bought my 2008 in May of 2007. It took 4 radiators in 48,000 miles and a new low flow thermostat from the Ford boys before it would solve the radiators from failing. Seems like "Never enough time to do it right, but Always enought time to do it over." Customer suffers meanwhile. Nobody is immune from such grief.It is all Trial and Error. Your Trials for their Errors.
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!
Samsbird
Cardinal Owners: 35 sbqle fifth wheel
Skype ID: yes

Post by Samsbird »

Your new Ford is going to be great, check out this read it's pretty interesting.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index ... ors_w.html
2009 35sbq fifth wheel
2012 F350 SRW King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke
1969 (428 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1)
1970 (Boss 302)
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

Samsbird wrote:Your new Ford is going to be great, check out this read it's pretty interesting.

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index ... ors_w.html

sorry---the link doesnt do what you want it to...can you try again?
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Samsbird
Cardinal Owners: 35 sbqle fifth wheel
Skype ID: yes

Post by Samsbird »

I didn't realize that GM wanted to merge with Ford before they had to be bailed out. Wish I could get the hyper link to work.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/business/12auto.html
2009 35sbq fifth wheel
2012 F350 SRW King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke
1969 (428 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1)
1970 (Boss 302)
Olbird
Council, Asst. Admin
Cardinal Owners: 3850 RL

Post by Olbird »

Well just think if GM would have merged with Ford in 2008, the Ford owners would have a Duramax & Allison power train.
Then the only choice is do you like the big lip grill or not, because I would think that all Ford owners must agree the Allison & Duramax motors have a proven success rate over 10 years even if they put that combination in Lawnmowers.
George & Julie
3850 RL Full Paint w/ TrailAir Spring Ride System, Kodiak Disc Brakes, TrailAir Tri-Glide Pin Box, Over 130 Mods

2022 Ford F450 DRW
snoking

Post by snoking »

If they merged and bought Cummins! Then you could have a Ford truck, Allison Tranny and Cummins I6! :ymhug: :ymhug:

Chris
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

No thanks had enough break downs with my 5 CTD trucks. Chris you remember when they called me the lift pump king. =))
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

snoking wrote:If they merged and bought Cummins! Then you could have a Ford truck, Allison Tranny and Cummins I6! :ymhug: :ymhug:

Chris
Hey Chris I think they already put the Cummins with the Allison Tranny and called it Sterling!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
snoking

Post by snoking »

Don Wilson wrote:
snoking wrote:If they merged and bought Cummins! Then you could have a Ford truck, Allison Tranny and Cummins I6! :ymhug: :ymhug:

Chris
Hey Chris I think they already put the Cummins with the Allison Tranny and called it Sterling!

Don
"Dear Customers,

You may already be aware of Daimler Trucks North America's (DTNA) decision to discontinue the sale of Sterling branded Heavy, Medium, and Light duty Trucks. After months of extensive review, and after examining a range of alternatives for both DTNA and Sterling, we reached the painful conclusion that this action was a necessary response to dynamics in the economic environment, and future demands on the company's capital and other resources. "

I think the cross over 4500/5500 Sterling had the Asian tranny like the CC Dodges. Chris
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

I remembered something about them being discontinued but when I was in Albuquerque NM in September they still had one on the lot at the dealership out on North Central avenue close to Camping World.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

Thanks for putting up with me, folks.

Doug Henry Ford (Tarboro, NC) picked up the truck on a rollback Thursday. Yesterday PM, they call to say they found the problem. DEF line is pinched in two places. Probably done in transit. Part ordered. Should get back Tuesday. This makes 4 weekends with no truck. First payment due soon.

Appears Colonial Ford (Richmond, VA) did a unnecessary repair that took nearly three weeks.

QUESTION: what would driving a diesel for 1000 miles with no DEF do to the exhaust system? Facts please, not speculation. I've already done that part. If no harm, then why not keep driving. Would save money.