Latest Update on New Ford Truck

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

rlhedlund

Latest Update on New Ford Truck

Post by rlhedlund »

OK, so the Tarboro dealer fixes the problems and drives it back up to Richmond at my request. I wanted to make sure the engine light did not come back on. They deliver the vehicle to me filthy dirty and the fuel tank on "E". But it is fixed. The glue from the factory sticker is still on the passenger side window. The dealer inventory sticker is still on the front window. OK I'll stop complaining.

Put the truck on the lift at work and installed the front receiver hitch yesterday. Got the Scan Guage and GPS cords hidden under the dash mat. The low-profile diamond plate toolbox is in. Trying to figure out where to tap into the turn signal and running light source for the Audi style lighting. Installed heavy-duty tie downs in the bed for hauling work stuff. Sure do like that "old man" tailgate step. Still need to install the bed lighting. Pictures later.
rlhedlund

Re: Latest Update on New Ford Truck

Post by rlhedlund »

Been awhile since I posted pics. Let's see.

Travelers

Post by Travelers »

Sure wished you could have weighed it before you added all your stuff. Interested in the weight difference between the trucks. I'm sure Jeff will weigh in with his weight shortly. :d
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

I believe the factory weight was listed at 7940. Probably added 500# with hitches and toolbox and then fuel.
Travelers

Post by Travelers »

Actually looking for front / rear weights. Interesting as Rob's F350 SRW weighed in at 8560# all loaded up less the rig.
snoking

Post by snoking »

Before the 2011's hit the streets, Ford said they were going to remove 500 pounds from these new models. It's hard to see where that occurred! :^o :^o :^o

Chris
dfredendall
Council, Moderator
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3350RLX- Luxury Edition

Post by dfredendall »

That is a beautifull truck Ron. As one Ford owner to another, I notice the tires are so clean! Is that because it has been on a trailer or lift most of its life? Gotta laugh,,, now! I know you have had more than your share of battle to get this far. Like to see the Audi lights when you get them in. By the way, Love the shop!!! Dana
Dana & Cindy Fredendall
Highland, California
2018 3350RLX- Luxury Edition
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7 Diesel
There are great experiences and new friends everywhere we go!
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Nice! Wish I had a lift like yours. So now I got a preview of mine. I see one change Ford made to the body, other then the grill, :d is the size of the flares over the duals, they shrank 'em some more. That's good if you reach over the side to get into toolboxes, etc. And if the engine itself is 500# lighter, all the liquid cooling systems, 6 of them I think, have to take away some of that weight loss.

There's a CAT scale just down the street from my Ford dealership, it'll be my first stop after I fill it up. Mine is supposed to arrive around the middle of the week.

Jeff
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
rlhedlund

Post by rlhedlund »

That's a 10k commercial-duty lift. I would not suggest anything less for these trucks. The 3 HP motor gets warm lifting the dually. That truck is very difficult to lift as there is very little open frame rail to place the racks. Got tired of hooking the 30 ton crane to the front or back end of the other trucks.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Chief409 wrote: it'll be my first stop after I fill it up.
Jeff, they should have it full when you take delivery.

Rob
Flintstones

Post by Flintstones »

That is one sweet looking dually.. I hope you have no more troubles and can start enjoying the truck as much as I enjoy mine. I towed my camper home today from our seasonal in New Hampshire, these trucks tow so well, and look so great in front of the Cardinals. Enjoy!!
Samsbird
Cardinal Owners: 35 sbqle fifth wheel
Skype ID: yes

Post by Samsbird »

Yep, you're going to love that new FORD. It's a beast

Randall
2009 35sbq fifth wheel
2012 F350 SRW King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke
1969 (428 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1)
1970 (Boss 302)
snoking