automatic/remote door locks on 2008 gmc/silvedo

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

yellowbird

automatic/remote door locks on 2008 gmc/silvedo

Post by yellowbird »

Have any of you folks with Gmc/silverado trucks had problems with the remote door locking system. My silverado 2500hd door locks quit working yesterday and after researching it on the internet, it appears that this is a very common problem. Apparently thousands of Chevy and Gmc owners have had this problem. Of course, my truck is out of warranty, 51,000 miles on it and it looks as if the repairs are quite expensive. According to the thread on the silverado website, some dealers are repairing these problems after the warranty has expired. Have any of you experienced this problem after the warranty expired, and if so, did the dealer help you with it? It would help to have some ammunition when I take it to the dealer.
Torben

Re: automatic/remote door locks on 2008 gmc/silvedo

Post by Torben »

My left rear door did the same thing, but it's only that door, not all. My truck goes in for service next week and they are going to fix it at that time.
PapaJoel55
Cardinal Owners: 30QSBLE

Post by PapaJoel55 »

my left rear door has went out 3 times but they have fixed it under warranty everytime but now it isnt under warranty so we will see what happens if it goes out again.
Joel and Toni
2008 30QSBLE
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Torben

Post by Torben »

I got a quote today.... $150. I am having mine done on wednesday. :thumbrt:
yellowbird

Post by yellowbird »

took mine to my dealer yesterday and they found 3 of the four doors had bad actuators. I pointed out to them that I had researched this on the Silverado website and discovered that this was an extremely common problem on the 2008's and that it was obviously due to defective actuators and felt that even though my truck was out of warranty they should give me some help on the repairs. I also pointed out that We had purchased 5 previous trucks from them and had a new one on order. For whatever reason,they called me back 4 hours later to tell me that all 3 actuators had been replaced at no charge as a "goodwill'repair""That is the reason I keep going back to them! If any of you run in to this problem, don't hesitate to tell them you think you deserve a "no cost" or "low cost" repair, because chevrolet knows they put out junk in this case.
Torben

Post by Torben »

Thanks, I will be telling them that tomorrow :thumbrt:
Torben

Post by Torben »

Thank you Yellowbird :d :d :d I told my dealership service department what you posted and they are going to fix my truck for free :thumbrt: :thumbrt: Thank you again :d :d Our Cardinal site comes to the rescue again. :thumbrt:
snoking

Post by snoking »

Torben wrote:Thank you Yellowbird :d :d :d I told my dealership service department what you posted and they are going to fix my truck for free :thumbrt: :thumbrt: Thank you again :d :d Our Cardinal site comes to the rescue again. :thumbrt:
:bounce: :bounce: Club scores again!!!

Now if we could get someone with a new truck to post a picture life would be REALLY good!

Chris =)) =)) =))
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

He probably still has a headache after all the math you guys were doing.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
snoking

Post by snoking »

Maybe you are right and he is "pie our squared" or something! Chris