Dropped trailer

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

RetiredFifthWheeler
Cardinal Owners: 3825FL Fifth-Wheel

Re: Dropped trailer

Post by RetiredFifthWheeler »

I dropped my trailer last spring. There was no damage to the trailer, but $3050 to the truck rails and tailgate.

It was a hard lesson to learn.
Wayne & Ruth Spong

2016 3825fl
2011 Dodge Ram 3500 / Cummins Turbo Diesel
Good Sam Life Members
Rallies attended - 3 (+ 4 FROG)
rpfan
Region Leader
Cardinal Owners: 2009 3802BH (due in Nov13th!!) Have been enjoying ever since!!!

Post by rpfan »

Ordered the new bed today. :d The Bradford 4 box utility bed. It has a class 5 hitch in the rear, a 30K lb goose neck below the bed and, I can add my fifth wheel hitch above it. I move so many different trailers all day for my business that it makes the best sense to buy this one. Got the complete LED option too :mrgreen: ...6 weeks for delivery. They build each one to your own specs. That I like, done the way I want it. :thumbrt:
By the way,,,Thanks for all the support for such a dumb move! You guys are the best!!!

Rich
Rich, Fern, Bethany & Justin
2005 F 450, CC, Duallie, 4wd, 25K Air Safe hitch, 100 Gal.aux. fuel tank.
2009 3802 BH LX Edition, 5 slide
Leave no roller coaster unridden!
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

John wrote: First time I've seen Blue Ox. Looks like it will bolt on. I'm surprized they don't have a leg under the trap to help spread the load those bolts are going to see.
Thanks.
Id say if it was made to catch the trailer while you were crankin down the highway ud be on to something but seems for just the move and drop it is overkill....I was quite leary of the design until I saw it work and realized its intended use.
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

I've seen Bradford beds on trucks from outfitters, but never thought of ordering one if the stock bed was trashed. Great idea! You'll never have to worry about reaching over wet bed rails again, not to mention good use of the space in front and behind the wheels! One question, will your 5er hitch be mounted using the stock frame mounts.

Jeff
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
rpfan
Region Leader
Cardinal Owners: 2009 3802BH (due in Nov13th!!) Have been enjoying ever since!!!

Post by rpfan »

Jeff, I will have to make some new frame brakets as the height of the bed is 2 inches higher than stock but, the rails on the bed floor will be the same. I already have a few options ready for when it shows up. The best part is that my 450 is a chasis cab so, the frame rails ar straight. This makes modifing the frame brackets easier. This is worse than waiting for Christmas to come! LOL!

Rich
Rich, Fern, Bethany & Justin
2005 F 450, CC, Duallie, 4wd, 25K Air Safe hitch, 100 Gal.aux. fuel tank.
2009 3802 BH LX Edition, 5 slide
Leave no roller coaster unridden!