Anyone pulling Cardinal with 6.2 Super Duty?

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

97flhtcui

Anyone pulling Cardinal with 6.2 Super Duty?

Post by 97flhtcui »

Just looking to see if anybody is using a 2011-2012 Superduty 6.2L as a Tow Vehicle?
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Re: Anyone pulling Cardinal with 6.2 Super Duty?

Post by bigbunkhouse »

What do you think of the new gasser so far? I have yet to talk with somebody who has one
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

bigbunkhouse wrote:What do you think of the new gasser so far?
Ditto, and what's your gear ratio?

Rob
97flhtcui

Post by 97flhtcui »

I wanted the 430 but could only find the 373 rear end on a F-250. Saying that I felt the 6 speed transmission would make up the differance and it has. My 05 F-250 with the 6.0L powerstroke and 5 speed had 373 rear end and I feel that the 6.2 gas moves up the mountains about the same only smother. My gas milage has been between 8 to 10. Keep in mind I dont push it going up grades, I just let her shift back and so far she has shifted back as far as 3rd and maintained 55 mph around 4000 rpm. I am very pleased with it but the most impressive thing is driving solo we get 18 mpg as that is what we got on our powerstroke. :d
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

Thankyou for the review, it helps everybody to know how the trucks perform good, bad or ugly :thumbrt: The fuel economy sounds quite promising, what type of grades do you pull?
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

97flhtcui wrote: I am very pleased with it but the most impressive thing is driving solo we get 18 mpg as that is what we got on our powerstroke. :d
Good report. The BEST I got with my previous '05 V10 was 13-14 on the highway. Of course it had a 5 speed auto with 4.10 gearing.

Rob
97flhtcui

Post by 97flhtcui »

bigbunkhouse wrote:Thankyou for the review, it helps everybody to know how the trucks perform good, bad or ugly :thumbrt: The fuel economy sounds quite promising, what type of grades do you pull?
I wish I could tell you. We pulled from Austin, Tx to Queen Creek Az. The ones that left an impression on me was after Junction to Sonora Tx on I-10 and Sierra Blanca, and west of Las Cruses N.M not to mention Texas Canyon in Az. I know that is not much to go on but we drove that stretch many times with our powerstroke. They for some reason or I never saw the grade percentages on those. We blew a EGR cooler on our powerstroke going up U.S.60 from Apache Jct to Globe Az 3 years ago so that is one we will try later and it is 7-8%.
97flhtcui

Post by 97flhtcui »

97flhtcui wrote: I am very pleased with it but the most impressive thing is driving solo we get 18 mpg as that is what we got on our powerstroke. :d
We just drove to Minn from AZ to visit my brother and my gas milage was as follows... 17.9--20.5-- and 18.9.
I like this truck more and more. We left trailer in Az.
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

WOW......Not too shabby for a gasser.............Looks like they have been doing their homework. :thumbrt:

When I ran my gasser, the only thing it Would Not pass...................was a gas pump....loaded or unloaded. I fully realiazed why it had TWO gas tanks....... :))
Travelers

Post by Travelers »

That is great mileage. Like Mark stated, gasser's usually would never pass a gas pump.