My 2000 F-250 7.3 SRW

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

dreamcamper

My 2000 F-250 7.3 SRW

Post by dreamcamper »

Hello,
We have a 2000 F-250 7.3 Turbo Diesel SRW SD with 72,000 which has been super babied. We are moving up from 21ft Aerolite TT to a Cardinal 33TSLX 2004 fiver. My husband is a touring musician and we will be out on the road for 8 months in 2007.
Have a Reese 16000 hitch. As full timers we are never in a hurry and will be traveling 4 hrs per day between stops and never book shows which cause us to rush. Never drive over 60. Never travel with full or even half full holding tanks.
What do you think of our rig and TV? Any suggestions to add to performance of TV..? We don't wish to change our TV. 7.3 is a powerfull and time proven engine. All the bad posts we have read on the 6.0 makes us feel confident with our engine.
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Hi Dreamcamper and welcome to the club! We pull our 30' with a 250 7.3 powerstroke and no probs...we pull with empty tanks also. We look forward to reading about your rv'ing adventures also!!
dreamcamper

Post by dreamcamper »

Thanks for the encouragement. We sure need it. There are so many factors to consider, especially the technical stuff. We have been reading the trailer life forum for many years with our pop up and travel trailer and now a fiver.It sounds llike the Red Bird is a good choice! Thanks Again!
jennyt

Post by jennyt »

We pull with an F250 also. We try to keep weight in mind in terms of packing in the cargo area and travelling with empty tanks 99% of the time. Scott added Timbrens instead of airbags and has been very happy with them. I agree with Charles that it helps with keeping things level and for us helped with the side to side motion when on a curve in the roadway. Good luck and welcome to the group!
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

My previous truck had a 7.3 PSD. The biggest performance boost I had was by adding a Banks Stinger package. The improvement was very noticeable.

Rob
dreamcamper

Happy to be a member

Post by dreamcamper »

Howdy everyone.
Great to be a soon to be redbird owner.
Thanks for all your help.
Found the club via google search.
Hope we meet some of you in our travels.
Check out my husbands websites and stop by an say hello if you're in the area.
www.billbrooksmusic.com
www.myspace.com/billbuckbrooks.
We are going full time March 07.
Excited, but also a little nervous...
We will definately look to scheduling dates so we can make a rally in 08...
God Bless Y'all..
Judy and Bill
Cosmo & Lily Rose " Campin' Chihuahua's "
04 Cardinal 33TS LX
00 Ford F-250 7.3 TD
Luizianna

Post by Luizianna »

Congratulations on your decision!! Looks like you guys will be having a busy 2007! We would love to have you join us for the Southern get together in late Feb...be sure and check out the Southern Rally section on the forum for details.
yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Hi Yogi Here
I also have a 7.3 powerstroke, a 2000 super baby with only 54K and we've owned it since day 1. Changed the batteries this year and put a big ol' 5" exhaust on it. Will install pillar gauges and a chip come spring. Keep your truck it will pull like a champ, we also have airbags on it, it really helps the ride. We need the chip for those big foothills on the way to Branson, a litle more power doesn't hurt.

Enjoy your new camper,

Wayne