for all you 6.0 ford owners

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

for all you 6.0 ford owners

Post by bigbunkhouse »

I have reported in the past that I have fixed the FICMs myself and that we have sent a couple to FICM repair.com. Well FICM repair .com has partnered with power hungry performance, what a great combo. I now have 3 trucks running with FICMs that have been upgraded and repaired by FICM repair.com, 2 of which we had them upgrade with a Power Hungry Performance atlas 40 tune. Al I can say is WOW!!!, what a difference, All the trucks tow and work HEAVY so messing with tuners is not an option and simply not needed with the power the truck already has. The FICM tune seems to just smooth things out a bit, while taking some "lag" out and making cool starts quieter and easier. The first one we did is in an 05 f350 utility truck that regularly tows 12k lbs on top of its 10500 lb weight, after 8000 miles he is reporting 1.5mpg better and that the EGTs have actually dropped about 100degrees plus he says it always felt like it had a bad injector or was underpowered but that now it feels like a new truck. There have been great reviews for Ficm repair.com and PHP for quite some time on the diesel sites but now I can say first hand, great service, grerat results and the price is well worth it.

In most cases if I got it in the mail by thursday AM I had it back the following tuesday Am using priority mail :thumbrt:
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Samsbird
Cardinal Owners: 35 sbqle fifth wheel
Skype ID: yes

Re: for all you 6.0 ford owners

Post by Samsbird »

Thats good real world info. I have been thinking about upgrading my FICM too, how about if you are already running an SCT tow tune from Innovative, will it put more stress on the engine? I have ARP studs and new OEM gaskets, we are headed form Va. to the Tetons next week so I guess it will get a good workout. How much does it cost for the upgrade?

Thanks,
Randall
2009 35sbq fifth wheel
2012 F350 SRW King Ranch 6.7 Powerstroke
1969 (428 Super Cobra Jet Mach 1)
1970 (Boss 302)
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

from my understanding it doesnt juice up the motor like an sct tune, the FICM is different then the pcm and only controls a small part of what the tunners do. The word is "stacking" when u put a ficm tune with a pcm tune....and seems that the subtle tunes like the tow tune benefit well from the FICM tune.

FICM repair offers the upgrade in a few forms, from just repair to upgrading internal components. We have every time used the 225 dollar upgrade and warranty. The PHP tune is 150 bucks far any of thir 4 ...from economy to Hercules...any of us who "work " their trucks should stay with econo or atlas 40.....my reasearch shows that the 40 has just as good of fuel economy as the econo but has better pedal feel.

From here it cost 19bucks for the priority box and 375 for the FICM upgrade and tune...so 375 compared to 700 from ford for the same one that fails now and 125 for ford to "program it" for you....or a cool 1300 bucks if you have them do it.

My personal truck is next and I will keep posted on my actual experiences with drive, feel and mileage as well as egts

http://ficmrepair.com/
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
rpfan
Region Leader
Cardinal Owners: 2009 3802BH (due in Nov13th!!) Have been enjoying ever since!!!

Post by rpfan »

HMMMM, me thinks I should look into this.
Matt, do you have phone contact #s for them?

Rich
Rich, Fern, Bethany & Justin
2005 F 450, CC, Duallie, 4wd, 25K Air Safe hitch, 100 Gal.aux. fuel tank.
2009 3802 BH LX Edition, 5 slide
Leave no roller coaster unridden!