Slight delay

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

bfast54

Slight delay

Post by bfast54 »

Well,I broke in my New to me truck :d
I WAS heading to Grand Rapids,Mi.....to visit some friends,Sunday,.........well,coming off 131 on a sharp......uphill curve going on to east bound 96.....as I was climbing the curve....hil........l with the Bird in tow,the speed dropped,and R. P.M .s climed.....Half way up the curve ,with a guardrail on my side......I stopped forward movement..... :o

So,I am sitting...in the middle of the ramp ,, in the middle of the expressway... :shock:

Well......to shorten this down.....a construction company came by ,and towed me up the ramp,to a flat area, I contacted a towing company,and a flatbed, and heavy duty wrecker later...I was hauled...towed to their shop.

A new clutch,pressure plate fly wheel,three u-joints and a day and a half later...I was back on my way.. :thumbrt:

I guess,all things considered......I was lucky.....about the cost....of three payments...of a newer truck...... #:-s

TURNS out, the new clutch,and tranny......installed a couple years ago... the clutch was not the right one
EAW
Cardinal Owners: 2005 Cardinal 31RKT
Skype ID: eaward49

Re: Slight delay

Post by EAW »

You should be good to go now and you will know how the clutch has been treated. See ya later.
Earnie, Penny, and Roxie
2005 Cardinal 31 RKT with many mods.
2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Denali 4WD LB SWR w/DuraMax, 10spd Allison

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mark Twain
WVcampers
Cardinal Owners: 2018 Cardinal 3250RL Luxury

Post by WVcampers »

They had a 2 piece flywheel from the factory. It was designed to be smoother. Most people replaced them with the old style solid one piece flywheel when they installed the first clutch. Sometimes before the clutch went bad because the flywheel caused some vibration, lots of the time it was still under warranty. Maybe that is how they got the wrong clutch. You should be good to go for a long time with the new one installed. :thumbrt:

How are the taller tires working out? Good, I hope.
Randy & Carol
Elbie (weiner dog)
2018 Cardinal 3250 RLX Luxury Edition
2019 Ford F350 6.7PSD Lariat 4x4 SRW
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

The taller tires on the bird......went smooth as silk.....the whole rig,truck is.....very stable.....FUN to drive... :thumbrt:
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Well, been back for a week or so, still working on meeting up with the former owner , and he and myself, will go have a talk , with the other repair shop...ONLY 56,000 miles, on the old NEW clutch...something is amiss............. X( X(

BUT, all is well with the truck...................... :d