Went "All In" On New Tow Vehicle

Use this forum for technical questions regarding tow vehicles.

Moderators: Mike Clay, Olbird

mbrolin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 Cardinal 3456 RLX

Re: Went "All In" On New Tow Vehicle

Post by mbrolin »

I have a Reese 20k hitch on my 2001 Dodge. This uses the rails in the bed which are bolted to the frame. Does the Reese adaptor allow for the use of this hitch? As I posted before that is a fine looking truck. I would have to go for the bucket seats with the full floor console. After seeing one I cant see getting a split bench seat again.
Mike & Sandy
2019 Cardinal 3456 Luxury Edition
2018 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew Cab Aisin 6spd Dually
trouble1263
Cardinal Owners: Cardinal 29 TSLX Fifth Wheel

Post by trouble1263 »

mbrolin wrote:I have a Reese 20k hitch on my 2001 Dodge. This uses the rails in the bed which are bolted to the frame. Does the Reese adaptor allow for the use of this hitch? As I posted before that is a fine looking truck. I would have to go for the bucket seats with the full floor console. After seeing one I cant see getting a split bench seat again.
There are 2 sets of slots on the adapter for standard hitches...My Reese hitch fit in the slots that are spaced on 20 1/2" center to center. The other set of slots is wider than that but I do not have that measurement right now..
Duane & Wendy
2005 Cardinal 29 TSLX
2014 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Long Bed/ 4x4 / 6.7 L Cummins/Aisin 6 Speed Auto/Factory 20 In Wheels
jacknife
Cardinal Owners: 2013Cardinal 3030
TV 2020 Ram 3500 4x4 HO 6.7 Cummins

Post by jacknife »

Very nice looking truck. don't worry about the 342 gearing that was a concern of mine also. The 6 speed tranny and that engine will get you up and over any hill you come across. my 06 had 430 gears and my 14 will pull the same hill which is about a 3 mile 6 to 7% grade 10 miles per hr faster up the hill then the old one did and gets much better fuel mileage :d :d
jtaylor1920

Post by jtaylor1920 »

Let us know how the aisen tranny does over time and how fuel mileage goes when towing and empty. Although a new truck isn't in the near future for me I'm curious about that new transmission.