HELP - Need Advice About Selling

This is the place to list those items you'd like to sell or give away. Also, if item is sold, or no longer available, please post it as sold!

Moderator: Don Wilson

halrkent (Deceased)
Cardinal Owners: 2006 29LE

HELP - Need Advice About Selling

Post by halrkent (Deceased) »

My husband recently died. I just can't see camping without him. How do I go about selling a Cardinal 5th Wheel. How do I price the camper? Where are good places to advertise a camper for sale?

Sherri Kent
Hal Kent
2006 Cardinal 29RK-LE
1996 Dodge 2500 V10
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Re: HELP - Need Advice About Selling

Post by Don Wilson »

Hi Sherry
So sorry to hear that Hal has passed away and our prayers are with you in your loss.

You can go to the website http://www.nadaguides.com/Cars and put in year of your truck and then the equipment that is on your vehicle and they will give you the different prices your vehicle is worth.

They also have a section for RV's.

I suggest that you do a google search on your Trailer. I did a search on a 2006 29 Ft RK and found prices from $21,985 in South Carolina, $22,495 in Houston, $22,681 in Chattanooga and $26,900 in Houston.

You could also contact a dealer in your area and see if they will sell it on consignment.

You can also list it here when you have determined a price.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

First off, so sorry for your loss. We enjoyed meeting you both in Chattanooga.
Here is a link to an online pricing guide: http://www.nadaguides.com/RVs/2006/Card ... /M-29RK-32
That should give you an idea of what to set for a price, just keep in mind that unfortunately you may not get full price during these tough economic times. But at least it will act as a guide.
RVTrader Online is one national coverage place to list. I have had good luck also using my local craigslist which is free to advertise on just do not list anything in the ad as far as personal information other than your contact phone number. You might also check into local trader papers. Also check if there are any consignment lots in your area that might take it on to sell for you.
Don't forget to post it right here on this board too.
Best of luck with the sale.

Bruce
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

Post by bigbunkhouse »

sorry to hear for your loss, My Mother just passed away suddenly in February. Her and my father have spent 50 years and 180000 miles together, my father first thought of getting out of Rving but has since decided the relationships they made and people they met are a part of his life he really wants to keep. His first trip alone will be in June, I will be monitoring him closely, my biggest concern is I dont think he knows how to use anything but the fridge inside the camper. LOL
Good luck selling if that is what you need to do, but dont be a stranger.
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Sherri, sorry for your loss, :cry: but might I suggest trying a spot you loved to go to, and see if you meet people there , who share the camping bug, you two had. :ymhug:

If you do deciede to sell, go about finding the price you need/want, and try your local Craigs List.

I found my Cardinal , and bought it with in 3-4 days, and sold my old rig, within a week (sold it to the first person who looked at it, they drove 3 hrs ) :thumbrt:

I highly recommend craigs list , it was free also, ( dont know if it still is).
gatekper
Cardinal Owners: 2001 32 XL triple slide
[url=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-char054.gif[/img][/url]
nights camped in 2011 143
nights camped in 2012 80 and counting

Post by gatekper »

Craigs list is a good place I looked at several Rv's and bought my Cardinal off a craigs listing.

Did not know your husband but sorry for the loss. I know how hard it is. I lost my wife of 38 yrs but the up side Is I did find someone else ( just about a total opposite of my late wife) and life is good and still goes on.
Dale T & Anita K
U.S.N. Ret Image
2001 32 XL triple slide
2003 F250 crew cab Power Stroke
nights camped in 2011 ...198 nights
Flintstones

Post by Flintstones »

Sorry for your loss.

Craigs List worked for us, we sold our '07 Cedar Creek in a week. Check pricing on your unit all over the internet, then price it to sell. Start your Craigs List ad with the Make and Model number so any buyer search will hit. We sold our '03 Jayco on RV Trader the same way. Another option would be consignment at a reputable rv dealer, no worries, no stress. Good luck.
teallen
Cardinal Owners: 2012 3030
Skype ID: thomas.allen511

Post by teallen »

Sorry for your loss Sherri, all the ideas above are good ones to get a fair price. Good luck in selling your rig.
Tom and Judy
2012 Cardinal 3030RS ("le Chateau")
2018 RAM 3500
9 grandkids (keeps us busy)
Rallys attended - 17
2019 Camping Days- 7
Camping Days - 2011 - 90, 2012 - 144, 2013 - 130, 2014 - 130, 2015 - 107
lakejumper

Post by lakejumper »

Sherri,

I'm so sorry for your loss. To help determine a good selling price, try this site (SiteMash) first and enter your make and model. Don't put in price or state. If you don't get much then just enter the make to give you a broader search. It will bring up all current listings on Craigslist and eBay. The expired ads on Craigslist (those up for over 7 days) will show "deleted". This along with the NADA guide can help you determine not only what it is worth but what other folks are selling your model for. I highly recommend Craigslist as I have used it for selling several cars, boats, and RVs. Not all at the same time! Post pictures and add details in your ad about the condition and and extra options.

Site Mash Link: http://rv.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?itm=&fil=

Try not to make any quick decisions if you can afford to wait.

Good luck