Wheels

This is the place to list those items you'd like to sell or give away. Also, if item is sold, or no longer available, please post it as sold!

Moderator: Don Wilson

TexasBBQ
Cardinal Owners: 2004 Cardinal 33CKT

Wheels

Post by TexasBBQ »

I had planned on putting F rated tires in the bird but I found out the max PSI tating for the current wheels is 80. The F rated tires require 110 and E rated tires I've been looking at is 90-95PSI. So, I'm looking for a good set (4) of wheels that can take the higher psi.

If you have any let me know.

Bill
----------------
2004 Cardinal 33CKT
F250 Super Duty CCab 4x4
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Re: Wheels

Post by Don Wilson »

Hey Bill Check out the post below by olbird in Cardinal Corner! If you are interested go to Cardinal corner and post or send him a PM.

Cardinal Corner
Re: New Wheels and Tires
by Olbird » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:59 am

I went with the Michelin tires after much more research and I got a good deal at American Tires.
If anyone is looking to upgrade to the Cardinal factory High Pressure Alum. 16" wheel that will take the G rated 110 PSI tires .
I have four that I plan on listings on Craigslist.
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
snoking

Post by snoking »

TexasBBQ wrote:I had planned on putting F rated tires in the bird but I found out the max PSI tating for the current wheels is 80. The F rated tires require 110 and E rated tires I've been looking at is 90-95PSI. So, I'm looking for a good set (4) of wheels that can take the higher psi.

If you have any let me know.

Bill
Bill does you trailer have axles over 6k? If it has 6k axles put Michelin XPS RIBs or Bridgestone Duravis R250's on it and don't look back. Both are steel ply carcass tires and are about the best tire period. Chris
Travelers

Post by Travelers »

Check with George. They are still available as of Monday.
TexasBBQ
Cardinal Owners: 2004 Cardinal 33CKT

Post by TexasBBQ »

snoking wrote: Bill does you trailer have axles over 6k? If it has 6k axles put Michelin XPS RIBs or Bridgestone Duravis R250's on it and don't look back. Both are steel ply carcass tires and are about the best tire period. Chris

Chris - Axles are the factory 6k with 6 lugs. I'll check into the XPS and R250s.

Thanks
----------------
2004 Cardinal 33CKT
F250 Super Duty CCab 4x4
snoking

Post by snoking »

George's wheels will be 8 lug. I do not think you will find a 6 lug 110 lb inflation wheel. I ran RIBs fir 6.5 years and installed R250's this time at around 50 bucks less per tire. Sold the 4 used ribs for 200 bucks on CL. They had 40k+ on them and 60 or 70 thread left.

Chris