Three birds spotted in Texas

You never know when you might meet a fellow member on the road. Here is the place to let us know where you saw them. You never know who might cross your path!
JMarlor

Three birds spotted in Texas

Post by JMarlor »

During my weekend visit home I spotted Three birds on the highways.

The first one occured on Friday March 27, 2009. They were heading North on I-45 towards Dallas between Corsicana and Fairfield around noon.

Second one was on Sunday March 29, 2009 at 2:00 pm heading South on I-10 just enterning Beaumont, Texas. You probably would of passed the 18-wheeler that was on fire.

Third was around 6:30 p.m. on Sunday March 29, 2009 heading South on I-45 just leaving Waxahachie, Texas.

There were SEVERAL 5th wheels on the road today. I passed a group of about 6 Montanas heading towards La on I-10. I know I must of passed at least 50 asst. rv's during my 6 1/2 hour trip home.
It was a beautiful day to travel today. :thumbrt:
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Re: Three birds spotted in Texas

Post by campswithcritters »

JMarlor wrote:During my weekend visit home I spotted Three birds on the highways.

The first one occured on Friday March 27, 2009. They were heading North on I-45 towards Dallas between Corsicana and Fairfield around noon.

Second one was on Sunday March 29, 2009 at 2:00 pm heading South on I-10 just enterning Beaumont, Texas. You probably would of passed the 18-wheeler that was on fire.

Third was around 6:30 p.m. on Sunday March 29, 2009 heading South on I-45 just leaving Waxahachie, Texas.

There were SEVERAL 5th wheels on the road today. I passed a group of about 6 Montanas heading towards La on I-10. I know I must of passed at least 50 asst. rv's during my 6 1/2 hour trip home.
It was a beautiful day to travel today. :thumbrt:
Was not me on I-10, I came through Beaumont on I-10 that day but at around 10AM. Saw 2 Birds westbound on I-10 that day while going from Houston area to New Iberia LA. If it had been me you would have said "some crazy guy pulling a Cardinal with a Freightliner". Too bad we missed each other.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
JMarlor

Post by JMarlor »

To funny, you did pass the town I was staying in. Vidor. Hope your journey went ok, mine went good. I thought it was a perfect day to travel that day, and so did alot of other people lol. Did you get a chance to stop by the South Texas State Fair or did your schedule did not allow for it? It was in Beaumont right off of I-10 at Ford Park.
campswithcritters
exempt member

I saw the fair just south of the highway, but was enroute to the swamp for a company school (on overtime), will be here a week but will earn $600/day while in school, mileage paid (toward Chattanooga) to drive here, and camping fees + $50/day per diem. I am the boss at work (did not have to go), but signing up for this course was too good to pass up while looking at travel plan towards TN. When I worked in the USA I stopped in Vidor often for fuel going to and from Louisiana. Next time I pass through I'll holler on the site sooner and we might be able to meet up for lunch or something. I usually pass through at least once a year.
JMarlor

Post by JMarlor »

campswithcritters wrote:Next time I pass through I'll holler on the site sooner and we might be able to meet up for lunch or something. I usually pass through at least once a year.
If I am there then that sounds great! But you will have to catch me when I am also in town. We are full timer on the road and usually on head back home a handful of times throughout the year. Let me know anyhow you never know when we'll be there at the same time.
campswithcritters
exempt member

JMarlor wrote:If I am there then that sounds great! But you will have to catch me when I am also in town. We are full timer on the road and usually on head back home a handful of times throughout the year. Let me know anyhow you never know when we'll be there at the same time.
Exactly, although we keep an address In TX we are all over the place. We winter base camp in New Caney (just NE of Houston) but travel every summer and when I'm not working in winter. When you travel through Houston area in winter give us a yell as we stay in a nice place there, or if you are going through in summer holler and I'll hook you up with best spot in the park (back corner) which we pay for all year to reserve it. Off to the NE states right now.
JMarlor

Post by JMarlor »

That's pretty awesome about the spot. Calvin and me are always on the prowl for the best "spot" in the park. We have been told on more than one time that other people were envious of our spot or that we were lucky to get such a great spot. Our weather radio just went off, great. we learned a couple of months ago the importance of having one of those. We were staying in Fairfield and one night while BBQing the sirens started sounding. Well us being uneducated about tornados we had no idea what was going on. We very quickly figured it out lol. So needless to say we are much more prepared now. As for Houston we lived in the Highlands for a couple of weeks in a real nice park that had Hot tubs for the spots in the back closest to the water. As you can imagine there was a waiting list for those spots lol. We also lived in Tomball North of Houston for a couple of months. A little North of Tomball was an awesome water park called Jellystone park that was themed after Yogi and BooBoo. We rented a golf cart and had a great time while there.
campswithcritters
exempt member

Been to that Jellystone Park off season as we tend to avoid crowds and found it really nice. The park we stay in New Caney does not have a lot of activities and such, but is all concrete pads with great amenities such as free ice, free newspapers, trash pickup, pool, and you can wash your rig or hire it out.
JMarlor

Post by JMarlor »

Ok, we spotted another bird in Texas. This one was on I-10 heading East Bound towards La. It was 1:00 P.M. on Saturday April 11, 2009. We were on the feeder road and the traffic on I-10 was bumper to bumper, I guess because of all the consturction going on. Was it you? :D