Cardinal Second Home

Ask the experts about tricks of the trade. Find out what it is like to be a full timer. What should you bring along and what should you leave home.

Moderator: Mike Clay

campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Re: Cardinal Second Home

Post by campswithcritters »

Well Mike & I have had Jack together without Ernie so no problem, but if I'm in the US ya'll call me and we'll conference call a toddy with my on board stock! :thumbrt: By the way Mike I did get home and hope to send you that package Monday as discussed.
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Don Wilson wrote:Hey Ernie,
If you were to leave the Eastern Rally and come out for the Ca. Nv Rally on April 31, May 1,2 and 3 you could then have all of the rest of the summer to travel the west and northwest. You would still find that would not be enough time to visit everywhere and everybody! :D I'm just planting the idea so it has time to grow!

Don
10 days to make that trip...
That sounds like work, not retirement...
But, who knows! :)
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Mike Clay wrote:Well Donna your ri rig right it would be really nice to have Bruce here with Ernie, Jack and myself but heck Ernie and I will try to get through it. :lol:
If Bruce is in the States, I bet Mike & I could make a Jack Conference Call to where ever Bruce is!
If not, Mike & I will just have to bear the burden ourselves :joke:
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

CritterRenter wrote:
Mike Clay wrote:Well Donna your ri rig right it would be really nice to have Bruce here with Ernie, Jack and myself but heck Ernie and I will try to get through it. :lol:
If Bruce is in the States, I bet Mike & I could make a Jack Conference Call to where ever Bruce is!
If not, Mike & I will just have to bear the burden ourselves :joke:
Rest assured gents that wherever I am I will have a drink for ya if it is on a day that ends in " Y" ! :thumbrt:
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Double D's wrote:Hey, Don, I thought maybe Mike had already had a sip of that Jack! LOL!
Well I have not seen Jack since Winchester :P but if I had to listen to that silverware story (where the heck is that throw up smiley when ya need it) and Don your right it was hard to say that to her.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

campswithcritters wrote: By the way Mike I did get home and hope to send you that package Monday as discussed.
Great Bruce, thank you George and Casper are coming down to help me with that.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Boy are you MEAN, Mikey!!!!!! Really mean.. Had enough throw up in my day with kiddoes!!!! LOL!
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

You guys behave your going to get the hijack police after me. Donna I was looking through some pictures today.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

RUT RO, (part 12, maybe more........)
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

I was just viewing Terry's pictures (500+ worth) from the trip to Utah and back, of which the last bunch is of the 'Bird parked next to our house under construction (still) while we're living in the 'Bird, and realising that this Friday I'm hooking up and moving the 'Bird, which is our house at this time, on a 800 mile round trip, over a three day period, and it's nothing extraordinary! Our phones will work just the same, the aircard for the computer, ditto. Push the slides out, shuffle things around, align the Sat TV dish (I'm gonna get a Winegard 'Traveler, someday) and unless you look out the window, or view the San Jose, CA Digital TV broadcasts while we're there, nothing has changed!
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Kind'a cool ain't it?
Around here, folks have to figure what they need to take for a hurricane evacuation. Some have a box to keep the important papers in, just grab and go. Of course they always wonder if that box is up to date.
That's something I don't have to worry about. When the warning is up, I just hitch up and take everything.
EAW
Cardinal Owners: 2005 Cardinal 31RKT
Skype ID: eaward49

Post by EAW »

The Cardinal as a second home turned out to be a blessing for us also. We were planning on spending the summer in our camper anyway but didn't think it would be in our own driveway. We are 4 miles from the Mississippi river and ended up with water in the bottom of our floor joist. Spent about 3 weeks at a state park waiting for the water to go down and the rest at home doing some remodeling and cleaning up. Flood insurance turned out to be a really good investment! I'd rather go through a flood than a fire anytime. Fires usually occur without warning and you barely get out with your life, let alone any belongings.
Earnie, Penny, and Roxie
2005 Cardinal 31 RKT with many mods.
2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crew Cab Denali 4WD LB SWR w/DuraMax, 10spd Allison

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." Mark Twain
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

Earnie,

Sorry to hear about your flooding problem this year. I’m glad to read that you had both flood insurance and your Bird, it gave you a place to stay and the funds to help restore your home. It helps but you and your family still had a lot of stress to deal with.

Hope things are looking up for you.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

Chief409 wrote:I was just viewing Terry's pictures (500+ worth) from the trip to Utah and back, of which the last bunch is of the 'Bird parked next to our house under construction (still) while we're living in the 'Bird, and realising that this Friday I'm hooking up and moving the 'Bird, which is our house at this time, on a 800 mile round trip, over a three day period, and it's nothing extraordinary! Our phones will work just the same, the aircard for the computer, ditto. Push the slides out, shuffle things around, align the Sat TV dish (I'm gonna get a Winegard 'Traveler, someday) and unless you look out the window, or view the San Jose, CA Digital TV broadcasts while we're there, nothing has changed!
Here's a link to Photo Bucket showing our under construction house, and our Second Home alongside of it.

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll17 ... ov%202008/
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
snoking

Post by snoking »

Glad to see the gravel driveway to the RV pad, as I thought the right turn coming out to stay on the concrete was a little tight!!!!! Ha! Ha! Speaking of tight, not a lot of extra room around the trailer!

I hope that our site at Canyon Vistas RV Resort this winter will be a bit larger.

We slept in the trailer last night and will again tonight as we shut the house down for the winter. Tomorrow we head South! We are going to only drive 200+ miles a day and have a relaxed trip down, stopping in Bullhead City and Sun City West to look at homes along the route. Then while we are in Gold Canyon for the winter, we will be checking out all the options from the East side of Phoenix to Green Valley South of Tucson.

Anyone want to buy a salthwater waterfront home in NW Washington? Pictures in signature link!

Chris (SNOKING license plate, on the blue Dodge towing the bird. Spare "old" SNOKING plate on bike rack on the front of the trailer)
Canyon Vistas #76 Dec-Mar.