Full Timers

Ask the experts about tricks of the trade. Find out what it is like to be a full timer. What should you bring along and what should you leave home.

Moderator: Mike Clay

CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

TwoPiggs wrote:
Mike Clay wrote:So whats it mean when the light is amber. Too much jack. :shock:
LOL - we better not tell Ernie about the light inside the air conditioner. He'd be up all night thinking he was seeing stars in the living room.... :shock:
You mean there's a light in the AC? Where's the switch? :thumbrt:
That would be handy for something.
JDennis
Cardinal Owners: 33 RLBW

Full-Time---

Post by JDennis »

Only Part-Time at present---Retired July 2004---still have "brick & stick" place near Spring, TX---Can't seem to convince the "Better Half" that we should just put it in storage & take it out when we are tired of running road! (Storage=Sell // Out-of-Storage=Buy another somewhere)--

Meanwhile, we just take 3/4 month jaunts--with a stint at home--however, price of diesel & budget issues seem to be keeping us closer to home--(Ha)---

Jim & Pat D
2003 Cardinal 5th Wh (33 RLBW); Mor-Ryde Hitch
2003 Dodge 3500 LB DRW-5.9 CTD HO/48RE
Gauges(Pyro,TransTemp,Boost);
Firestone Air Bags;Garmin GPS

2009 194 Nights
2010 170 Nights
2011 227 Nights
2012 142 Nights
2013 60 Nights
JMarlor

Re: Full Timers

Post by JMarlor »

My husband and me are full-timers and have just made it past our first year. We've only had our Cardinal for about 6 months of that. We love our Bird! We are following his job around Texas, he's building compressor stations for the pipe line. At least we are doing it in style! B-)

We have two kids (3 & 6) that come along for the journey. I was curious to how many members on here rough it with kids. I don't see many full timers with kids, but I do see lots with dogs! We recently had to give our dog away to my uncle. A little Yorkie named Tony. He's happier at my uncles house AKA the Garden of Eden!

We do still have a house in our home town that is for sale but the slow market has kept it up for sale. :roll:
Kiwispirit

Post by Kiwispirit »

My wife and I and our 7 year old are full-timers in New Zealand. We have been doing this for just over 2 years now. We were living in a Wildcat 31QBH for most of that time, have just upgraded to the Cardinal 3602BH.

We got tired of living in a city, sold up and moved out into the countryside. I work in a small town council, my wife drives the school bus for the country school our son goes to. Because he is an only child we wanted him to go to a school where he could get social interaction, and not disturb him by moving schools regularly.

During the working week we are parked in one of about four spots in the area we have private arrangements to stay in for free or low cost.

On the weekends and school holidays we hitch up and travel to rallies, beaches, friends etc.

Do not miss the house at all. No lawns to mow :D

And there is nothing so pleasurable as waking up to a new view out the windows.
Larry

We are "Full Timers" and love it.

Post by Larry »

Teddy & I sold our house in Appleton, Wisconson and started fulltiming on May 1, 2005. The first two years were in a used 1999 Fifth Avenue by Thor & a 2001 8.1L Silverado 2500. The following July we traded the Silverado for our present 2003 GMC Duramax 2500 and a new 2006 Cardinal 34TS. We love our Cardinal but still have a hankering for a bigger truck. We have spent winters in both Florida & Arizona and have decided we like the West better. Summers have been spent on the shores of Lake Michigan amongst the cherry orchards of Michigan's Leelanau county, however this summer we plan to explore Oregon. We have also spent time between seasons in Pahrump, Nevada and Northwestern Colorado.
Folks are invited to follow our travels via our blog: http://www.larryandteddy.blogspot.com
and our photo site: http://www.flickr.com/photos/igboo
Feel free to email us and if you should happen to catch up to us somewhere, feel free knock on our door...we enjoy visiting and sharing information with other RVers

Larry & Teddy Page
3700 S. Westport Ave. #3168
Sioux Falls, SD 57106
920-716-7246 & 920-716-7255
larry@larryandteddy.com
teddy@teddypage.com
Larry

Post by Larry »

Well...we finally got our bigger truck. in Late October '09 we traded our '03 GMC 2500HD Diesel for an '07 Chevrolet 3500HD Dually Diesel. So far it has performed well and we now have a little more power tugging our bird over the western mountains.
ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Post by ski boy »

We have been full-timing for nearly two years - we're reverse snowbirds - north for the winter and south for the summer! Always on the look-out for fresh powder...
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

ski boy wrote:We have been full-timing for nearly two years - we're reverse snowbirds - north for the winter and south for the summer! Always on the look-out for fresh powder...
Well that's one way to avoid crowded RV parks. =))
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
PapaJoel55
Cardinal Owners: 30QSBLE

Post by PapaJoel55 »

We just started fulltiming in march and we love it so far .camping 24 - 7 dont get any better than that.
Joel
Joel and Toni
2008 30QSBLE
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax