Single men camping

Ask the experts about tricks of the trade. Find out what it is like to be a full timer. What should you bring along and what should you leave home.

Moderator: Mike Clay

Jacki2b

Re: Single men camping

Post by Jacki2b »

jtrainer20 wrote:My wife and I had planned to do some serious camping/traveling in a fifth wheel, but she passed away about six years ago. I shelved all plans, but recently my son told me to buy a trailer and hit the road and have some fun since life is to short. My question is, " Are single men seen as a potential problem at camp grounds ?" I'm 64 and would like to see the places that you read about in the magazines: Pikes Peak; Grand Canyon; the mountains; the desert; and other interesting places in the US. Your view points and experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe
When most folks know you are single...look out...the mamma in them comes out and you will be invited to lots of dinners !!!
Just bring along the photo memories and go for it.
I think you will enjoy your travels. Take along a grand child or a friend it you feel you want a companion. Happy camping.
BMullins46
Cardinal Owners: 06 Cardinal 31RKT; 2016 XLR 385AMP
2012 Ford F350 DRW, Lariat 6.7 Diesel.

Post by BMullins46 »

A 4-legged companion will also make the trips more enjoyable if you like them.
Bill & Debbie
06 31RKT, MorRyde LRE/4000; 2016 XLR 385AMP
2012 F350 DRW 4X2 Lariat, 6.7 Diesel, TransferFlow aux fuel tank
Fur babies, Betty and Cocoa
Nights camping
2011-102; '12-111; '13-89; '14-108; '15-142; '16-92; '17-163; '18-81
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I am single myself. I have borrowed a critter...(from "campswithcritters")... and that has started a few conversations.
You will not feel like the 3rd wheel. Everyone is fun, helpful, and end up to be the best of friends. And be ready to eat good food, everyone has a specialty, and a good time.
On your travels, RV folks just seem to be friendly and helpful. I don't think you will have any problems, I want to see the same places.
My advice, Go For It. And have a good time visiting old friends, and making new ones.
Ernie
bfast54

Post by bfast54 »

Don Wilson wrote:Joe,

You need to go for it! Your son is right "Life is way too short to worry about things like that". There are lots of single people out there Rving and you should enjoy as much of this country as you can.

There is a Rally in Goshen Indiana on May 14,15,16, 2010 and even though you don't own a Cardinal yet you could possibly drive down an meet some of those folks and talk to them about their trailers.

Don

Joe, I just came upon the thread, and you are MORE THAN welcome, to Swing by , that weekend, (By the way, I am hosting it) :thumbrt:

We are going to have a tour of the Cardinal factory on Friday May 14, you would be more than welcome to come along.. :ymhug: ...it would give you an idea how these are built (very nicely I might add).

Please look up the Elkhart rally thread, for more info. Come on down!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ..................................... Mark