Ready for WW3

Ask the experts about tricks of the trade. Find out what it is like to be a full timer. What should you bring along and what should you leave home.

Moderator: Mike Clay

ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Ready for WW3

Post by ski boy »

Our campgound neighbor (been here three days) introduced himself by asking if we had been bothered by his two large and unfriendly dogs. They are Akitas (never heard of them.) I told him no. We chatted a bit and he asked me if I was interested in guns. I said that I had had a 22 back in my younger years that I had fired maybe 20 times. I think it was turned in to the police after I left home all those years ago. I was then invited to "see something." Well, his trailer basement area contained his gun collection which was shown to me one item at a time. I know next to nothing about firearms but he showed me three handguns, a rifle with a silencer (according to him) and a large rifle he called a "full auto chopper with a banana clip." Also some "ninja throwing stars." By this time I had seen enough and I excused myself. I know that this stuff is illegal where he is (Canada.) He had Michigan plates - how he got this stuff across the border, I don't know... He left this morning thank goodness. This is one of the most surreal visits I've ever had with a member of the RV community.
Does anyone know if any or all of this stuff is legal in Michigan or elsewhere in the US?
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
teallen
Cardinal Owners: 2012 3030
Skype ID: thomas.allen511

Re: Ready for WW3

Post by teallen »

A full auto would be illegal in Michigan, a silencer may be too. You are right about going to Canada with firearms, he was lucky he was not searched otherwise he would be enjoying his vacation behind Canadian bars.
Tom and Judy
2012 Cardinal 3030RS ("le Chateau")
2018 RAM 3500
9 grandkids (keeps us busy)
Rallys attended - 17
2019 Camping Days- 7
Camping Days - 2011 - 90, 2012 - 144, 2013 - 130, 2014 - 130, 2015 - 107
Traveler II
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2008 30 TS
Skype ID: User name: janestonge46 (iChat only)
Skype name: jane-stonge

Post by Traveler II »

Time to move on.
Jim & Jane
2014 Ford 350 King Ranch, Trailer Saver BD3 Air Hitch, IS Suspension, Disk Brakes
Nights camped in 2012: 142
Nights camped in 2013: 186
Nights camped in 2014: 185
Nights camped in 2015: 232
Nights camped in 2016: 165
PapaJoel55
Cardinal Owners: 30QSBLE

Post by PapaJoel55 »

Being from michigan and a gun owner everything you mentioned was illegal in mich. except the handguns and they have to be registered unless he was a dealer and that might be how he got across the border maybe he was going to a gun show.but he is not supposed to have guns in most campgrounds.it ie rwally to bad that a guy like that is not looking out for those around him and keep it to his self and dont scare others.my son is a Detroit police officer and illegal guns are a big problem there and it scares me to think that he deals with people like that everyday.maybe that guy wont make it back into the US.
Joel and Toni
2008 30QSBLE
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
ski boy
Cardinal Owners: Americana GS 38/39 RL3

Post by ski boy »

Yes, I got the impression that I was supposed to be frightened/impressed with his bada## attitude. He had a bumper sticker that said "Arrive alive, don't p### me off..."
2009 Americana GS 38/39
08 Dodge 3500 Dually, Stick, K&N Intake, South Bend clutch kit, Cummins, Quad Cab, 4x4, 20K Star Performance Hitch
Retcop
Cardinal Owners: 3150RL LX
Ford F250 Diesel

Post by Retcop »

Remember; if you think there is something wrong with a person, it is because there is something wrong with that person. Why would a person travel with weapons and then then show them off to strangers? Something really wrong here.
Pat (Air Force Retired)
(State Patrol Retired)
Candy (State Patrol Retired)
2010 3150RL
2009 Ford F-250
Cowtown

Post by Cowtown »

Dumb... but that is how people get caught doing what they are not suppose to be doing. They have to brag about there collections. He will show the wrong person and then pay the price.