Brake Controler

Discuss with others about towing. What is the best tow vehicle, hitches, brake controllers, etc, keeping in mind that everybody has his/her favorite.

Moderator: Mike Clay

yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Another vote for Prodigy , bur make sure the connector is clean . I had a bad ground this year . A little WD 40 cleaned this up
Wayne
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

I nowhave a prodigy P3. My Tekonsha Sentinel controller quit working coming over Wolf Creek Pass, 10000 feet high, and I had some smoking brakes by the time I got down. Would have been alright except I had a very slow car in front of me and the Pac Brake needed some help. But luckily no damage when they put it on the lift. So I picked up a new P3 controller. Easy to install, very easy to use, and now everything is in english and no codes to comprehend for troubleshooting. It worked very well going over some high passes today. :D
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
Diesel Dave 04
Cardinal Owners: 2007 36-2BH

on it's way

Post by Diesel Dave 04 »

Well with all you guys loveing your prodigy I just had to get one, It is on its way I will have it and install it before my next trip on the 12th, Thanks for your input guys.
Dave
2008 Crew Cab 4X4 DRW 6.4 Turbo 4:10 gears. rebuilt engine at 59,338 miles broken #8 piston,tugging on A 2015 3800 FL full body paint
fix 7.3 , 6.0 AND now 6.4s Powerstroke diesels.