What Gauges?

Discuss with others about towing. What is the best tow vehicle, hitches, brake controllers, etc, keeping in mind that everybody has his/her favorite.

Moderator: Mike Clay

tortuga

What Gauges?

Post by tortuga »

What after market gauges would you recommend for a 2007 Dodge 2500 with 5.9 CTD? I would also like to know the purpose of each type of gauge. Are there any good digital gauges?
yogi154

Post by yogi154 »

Hello Dick

I have a Pyro Temp (exht temp before the turbo ) Turbo Boost & Trans Temp ( auto trans )

My Gauges came from Summit Racing Auto Meter cost $ 310 plus shipping all the stuff came with the kit

Hope this helps
Shields
Cardinal Owners: 31 RK LE

Post by Shields »

I use the BUlly Dog monitors, digital except for tranny temp. Works fine

Price? Don't remember. Got it from www.Etronics.com
Al and Nadine
Cardinal 31RK, 2006
2009 Dodge Cummins 3500 Dually.
Dorr, Michigan
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Wayne gave you good advice on which gauges, if you have a manual trans you can kip the trans temp. There are digital gauges on the market as well as analog and either will suit the purpose. Check with genos garage at http://www.genosgarage.com/ they sell complete kits with instructions and I put in 2 of them without problems. I found another tip in another forum that is very useful, when drilling and tapping the exhaust manifold leave the engine idling that blows all shavings out, but be sure to wear safety goggles!
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Genos is a great place to deal with, plus if you should have a jacob exhaust brake on your truck there is a port in it for the pyro gauge so you dont have to drill the manifold. If you decide to go with the analog or digital that goes into say a triple A piller set up you might want to check it out on another truck first. I could lose a school bus in that blind spot.

This was the triple pillar setup on my last truck

In this truck I only wanted a pyro so I got a single pillar

Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers