Rotochocks

Discuss with others about towing. What is the best tow vehicle, hitches, brake controllers, etc, keeping in mind that everybody has his/her favorite.

Moderator: Mike Clay

CritterRenter

Rotochocks

Post by CritterRenter »

We have talked about the Rotochocks before, I finally broke down and ordered. Talk about a fun conversation. The family owned business has been full-timing for 20 years. Talking about rigs, and places we've been. Never had so much fun spending money without an adult beverage.:)
Getting new tires next week off, so I'm looking forward to trying it all out somewhere else. (The spring traveling bug you know.:) )
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

I don't think you'll regret going with the Rotochocks, I know I don't. It's funny that anyone how has ordered them tends to talk more about the conversation than the chocks themselves.

Rob
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

I can't talk about the chocks yet. But the folks at Rotochock are friendly and helpful. I haven't heard anything bad about the chocks, so I don't think my "Consumer Report" will be any different.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3850RL Estate
Skype ID: Mike-Clay

Post by Mike Clay »

Yes Pearl she is really good at selling them by the set also. Ask her for just one and you get a good hour of stories, good ones well at least good enough you buy a set.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
2016 3850RL Estate "Proto Grigio"
2019 Silverado 3500HD Dually D/A 4x4 LTZ
My dreams are too big for my wallet
Rallies attended - 32

Nights camping in 2013:159 2014:269 2015:Full Timers
campswithcritters
exempt member
Cardinal Owners: 2005 34RLT
Skype ID: campswithcritters

Post by campswithcritters »

Yeah the rot-chocs are nice, too bad you'll be putting them between those cheap chinese tires Ernie! :lol: Sorry had to throw in another jibe to get you to ditch those things. 8)
Bruce & Sharon Full-time since Nov 06
Boogie, & Jack ("the critters")
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

Ernie, Ernie, Ernie :shock: :?
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

surveyman

Post by surveyman »

It sounds like Rotochocks are the way to go. I would like to know how easy they are to remove? Do they get bound up between the tires and do you have to hit them to get them loose? It says you can lock them, has anyone done that, is it a secure lock?

I have used the typical chocks, store bought and home made and there has to be a better way.

Speaking of locks, why don't the manufacturers come up with a dead bolt system for the basement compartments? With the cost of accessaries, even portable generators in the compartments, you would think they could do better, make it an option.
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

They are very easy to remove you get a handle to put them on and you use that same handle to take them off. Plus they put a second hole in the bottom part so you just insert the handle and the lower half comes right out. Just remember reset them after about an hour when your tires cool down. Great Product as far as I'm concerned.
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

surveyman

Post by surveyman »

Thanks Mike. I think I will order a pair.

Might be able to give them to my better half for our anniversary present?!?! :lol: :?: :arrow: :lol: :idea:

I noticed we have the same model 5er. We bought ours last fall and next weekend will be our first camp out of the year. Looking forward to that!
Future Fulltimers
Cardinal Owners: 2006 30TS

Post by Future Fulltimers »

surveyman wrote:It sounds like Rotochocks are the way to go. I would like to know how easy they are to remove? Do they get bound up between the tires and do you have to hit them to get them loose? It says you can lock them, has anyone done that, is it a secure lock?
Like Mike said they are very easy to remove. I lock mine with a padlock. If the Rotochocks are placed in snugly, it would be very hard to remove them.

surveyman wrote:Speaking of locks, why don't the manufacturers come up with a dead bolt system for the basement compartments? With the cost of accessaries, even portable generators in the compartments, you would think they could do better, make it an option.
Amen. Maybe they could just put in locks that weren't keyed to just about every other RV.
Just to prove a point, if anyone has the numbers "174" or "192" stamped on your compartment keys, you have the same keys as I :shock: .
Wayne & Peggy Williamson
Rocky
GoodSam Lifetime Members
2006 30TS
2007 Silverado 3500 Classic 6.6L D'Max
AirSafe 25k hitch
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Mike Clay wrote:Ernie, Ernie, Ernie :shock: :?
Wait... I'm gonna' fix that this week off... :?
Camping World is gonn'a like me this next month too. Have several things to get before my next journey.:)
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

campswithcritters wrote:Yeah the rot-chocs are nice, too bad you'll be putting them between those cheap chinese tires Ernie! :lol: Sorry had to throw in another jibe to get you to ditch those things. 8)
I think I will wait for new tires before I use them.:)
Mike Clay
Council, Administrator

Post by Mike Clay »

CritterRenter wrote:
Mike Clay wrote:Ernie, Ernie, Ernie :shock: :?
Wait... I'm gonna' fix that this week off... :?
Camping World is gonn'a like me this next month too. Have several things to get before my next journey.:)
LOL I feel better now
Mike, Susanna & Rudy
Rallies attended - 32

CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

Just to prove a point, if anyone has the numbers "174" or "192" stamped on your compartment keys, you have the same keys as I .
You can probably add "751" to that list. Good thing all of us RV'ers are honest folks (hopefully), ain't it? :thumbrt:
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

The rv dealers will tell you there are only four different sets of keys made for the storage areas. That means if you tried you keys on ten trailers there is a very good chance you are going to be able to open two of them.

The keys for my Cardinal worked on my old Alpinlite!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5