B&W tunover ball

Discuss with others about towing. What is the best tow vehicle, hitches, brake controllers, etc, keeping in mind that everybody has his/her favorite.

Moderator: Mike Clay

bigbunkhouse
Cardinal Owners: 2007 362BHS

B&W tunover ball

Post by bigbunkhouse »

does anybody have the turnover ball hitch with the fifth wheel upper half?
if so what are some opinions? I have a REESE now and have just recieved the undercarriage of the B&W turnover for free and would love to have the bed flat! Plus free for 1/2 is a great price? :D
2007 362bhs Cardinal (The mobile vacation home)
99 f350 4dr dually v-10 Lb 2wd 4.30 locker (Big Dually)
Dogs: Elvis and Priscilla
Me (Matt), Wifey (Jana), (Julia)14 year old daughter and ***SHYANNE*** born 8/12/10
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Post by Don Wilson »

I have the B&W turn over ball goose neck hitch and then purchased the B&W Fifth Wheel Companion hitch. I am very happy with it and have towed the 29 WB LX about 6,000 miles to date and will be leaving for a 4,500 to 5,000 mile trip in two weeks. The change over is very easy as the fifth wheel companion head comes apart to remove making the weight less to lift out of the bed.

The one disadvantage is that you don't have the side to side capability that I had with the Husky I had mounted in my 2000 Dodge.

The turn over ball hitch was in the truck when I bought it!

The major advantage is that I can tow my trailer or a goose neck. I don't own a goose neck but a friend does so if I need to haul heavy items I can use it.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
CritterRenter

Post by CritterRenter »

A friend of mine has the turn over ball, so I did some research, and liked what I found out about it. I found a local dealer, and his price was with the MSRP. He was just a bit proud of his labor rates for me. I ended up with a Draw-Tite.
birdman

Post by birdman »

I have it and love it. I needed it so I could haul my cabover camper when not using the 5th wheel. The Companion (5th wheel hitch) comes out in 2 pieces so it's not terribly heavy to handle. Sure leaves the bed flat afterward.

One thing though. If you have external AirLift or Firestone air bags you will have to change them to inside mount Firestones. I found that out at the dealership when they installed the hitch. Had to take off the AirLift's (who don't make inside mount bags) and buy a new set of Firestones for my 2002 F250 Ford. That added $200 to the install.

Hey, here's a tip! If you are going to go with the Turnover and Companion buy the set off eBay from an outfit called Rad Auto. They saved me about $300, with shipping, from the going price anywhere (even what they called wholesale at the FR dealer).

:D
birdman

Post by birdman »

Also, I saw mentioned that it doesn't have side to side capacity. Mine pivots side to side and front to back just fine. It's rubber dampened internally and pivots quite a bit as far as I can tell.

:D
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

B&W Hitch

Post by Don Wilson »

Larry the Birdman,

I didn't say it did not have side to side motion I stated it did not have as much side to side capability as my Husky did!

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
hillbilly

Post by hillbilly »

I have one. Works great so far! Its nice to be able to pull 5th or goose also have clean bed when you need it!