2011 Trucks

Discuss with others about towing. What is the best tow vehicle, hitches, brake controllers, etc, keeping in mind that everybody has his/her favorite.

Moderator: Mike Clay

Travelers

Re: 2011 Trucks

Post by Travelers »

Looks like you can another trailer (mine) to you trailer selection app. :D

I looked at a beauty this weekend. F450 in Triple Black, crew / long bed dually. =(( :((
MSRP - $64.675
Chief409
Mojave Desert
Cardinal Owners: 2007 30WBLE

Post by Chief409 »

rwlouks wrote:
The factory installed hitch is great, it eliminated all of the chucking I had with my old hitch. Credit for that of course is due to Reese not Ford. The factory installed hitch is just a re-label of the Reese Signiture Series hitch, but I really like it.

As you can see from the picture, I have towed the camper 632.5 miles and on that trip I averaged 11.9 MPG, so fresh out of the box I'm getting 2+ mpg more with this truck than I did with the '09 F350. So far so good with the new engine.
I've had my DrawTite/Reese Signature 18K hitch in both my '05 F250 and the '09 F350 dually. I really like the way the floor of the bed is clear when the hitch is removed as it mounts directly to the frame, not in the bed (no rails to put up with). And it's very solid. Now if I could get that dash display installed in the '09 I'd really be happy! ;)
Jeff & Terry
U.S.N. Ret
2012 F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 Diesel Dually, Crew Cab, LWB, 50 gal Transfer Flow toolbox/tank
2007 Cardinal 30WBLE, "the 'Bird", ONAN gen.
The more I see in my travels, the more I realize there is so much more to see.
rwlouks
Cardinal Owners: 34 QRL (Taj Mah III)

Post by rwlouks »

The other thing I like about the hitch is that it is in 2 pieces (the head comes off w/ 2 pins). That way I can take the hitch out myself.
Russ & Dawn
2008 34 QRL (Taj Mah III)
2011 Super Duty