SRW vs. DRW

Discuss with others about towing. What is the best tow vehicle, hitches, brake controllers, etc, keeping in mind that everybody has his/her favorite.

Moderator: Mike Clay

snoking

Re: SRW vs. DRW

Post by snoking »

I want a good 500K mile Volvo 610, Detroit 60 Series with auto shift, and singled out. The Volvo has the best wheel cut! Chris
jim
Louisiana Oak Grove, (NELA)
Cardinal Owners: 2016 3250 RL
2016 F-350 6.7

Re: SRW vs. DRW

Post by jim »

Chief409 wrote:
snoking wrote:Me thinks, that those of us who have never towed with a DRW TV maybe do not understand the difference in stability that training wheels add!!!! :ymhug:
Chris
Something to think about. In the 1970's the trucking industry started using wide single rear wheels instead of duals on semi's. This ended after a few years because of stability issues. Now the only big rigs with single wheels on the rear in wide use are cement trucks, which don't go very far from home, or tow trailers.
while in a truck stop recently, i noticed some trucks with the wider single wheels. i guess they are getting away from the "18 wheeler". i don't recall seeing them until now. come to think of it, i believe it was only the trailer.

i chose the drw for the stopping power. on the road, i really like the long wheel crew cab drw. in town, i don't like it. parking places in malls aren't made for them.
2016 3250RL
2016 Ford F350 Crew 6.7
Lake Charles, La
Oak Grove, La (NE La)