Slides: look - no matter what - look

This is a forum that you can post things that cause or can cause permanent damage to your RV, i.e. isopropol alcohol will take off the finish in your sink.
Describe the problem in a straight forward manner and PLEASE no replies to the posts!

Moderator: Don Wilson

Dana & Sharon
Cardinal Owners: 2007 RKLE Cardinal 5th Wheel

Slides: look - no matter what - look

Post by Dana & Sharon »

Had to go to the 5er for my backup slow cooker for our annual Big Football Game party. The 5er is parked 20 feet away from the wall on the slides side. Opened the living room slide and didn't know there was a three inch angle iron it is parked by. Angle iron 1 - bottom corner of slide 0.
A preseason reminder ... Look - no matter what - look. I didn't look to make sure there wasn't anything so the slides could come out clear.
Bad news, they don't make the parts anymore, good news they said it isn't 'that bad', and will be able to pound it out.

TnT
TnT (named Tall and Taller by Denny Balfanz, 'shortened' to TnT)
Dana and Sharon White
2007 RKLE Cardinal 5th Wheel - bought 7/31/2014
Nights camping in 2014: 3
Nights camping in 2015: need to figure it out
Don Wilson
Region Leader Admin
Cardinal Owners: 2019 3350

Re: Slides: look - no matter what - look

Post by Don Wilson »

Dana & Sharon wrote:Had to go to the 5er for my backup slow cooker for our annual Big Football Game party. The 5er is parked 20 feet away from the wall on the slides side. Opened the living room slide and didn't know there was a three inch angle iron it is parked by. Angle iron 1 - bottom corner of slide 0.
A preseason reminder ... Look - no matter what - look. I didn't look to make sure there wasn't anything so the slides could come out clear.
Bad news, they don't make the parts anymore, good news they said it isn't 'that bad', and will be able to pound it out.

TnT
Dana and Sharon if it is the J panel on the bottom that got dented and you can not get it straightened out Bontrager RV Surplus in White Pigeon Michigan (269) 483-7017 has some 16 foot pieces, at least they did last August. It is a little darker than the color you have on your trailer.

Don
We don't know a stranger only friends we haven't met yet!

Don
2019 Cardinal 3350RLX Luxury Edition
2014 Dodge 3500 2WD DRW Long Bed

2023 Nights Camped 33
2022 Nights Camped 24
2021 Nights Camped 46

Rallies Attended - 50
Frog - 5
Secondhand Mike
Cardinal Owners: 2004 Cardinal 29XL

Post by Secondhand Mike »

I sure hate to hear that you damaged your camper. We opened ours last fall after a trip and the slide caught one of the rear cabinet doors and ripped it off. I was outside and heard this loud noise and seen the slide move in an odd manner and it was too late to run it back in. However we all know this good hearted, can repair anything guy that only lives a few miles from you. You might even get a good meal from his wife as long as it isn't breakfast. =))
I just really wanted to say hello and tell you that we had a great time at your bonfire and enjoyed the meal also. Hope you guys can attend a rally this year or maybe even come to the FROG rally this year.

Mike
Mike and Cherryl Clem
2004 Cardinal 29WBLX
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab Long Bed 3500
6.7 Cummins Turbo 4x4 Dually

Rallies Attended - 4
FROG Rallies - 3
Double D's
Cardinal Owners: 2013 3675 Cardinal 5th Wheel

Post by Double D's »

Mike: schmaddypanz.......LOL!! We were there just a few hours after it happened.. Den looked at it, and gave them some suggestions.

Sure hope we can all get together THIS summer again! Great bunch of folks that we know on here! See you guys soon!
http://www.ddbalfanz.blogspot.com/

Double D's - Dennis and Donna

2013 Cardinal 3675- The "Double D Retreat"
Trail Air Pin Box and Suspension
2007 Chevy Dually 3500, Duramax
Rallies - 20
Days out in 2015- 145
Days out in 2014 - 71
Days out in 2013 - 187 Alaska