Hydraulic leak

This is a forum that you can post things that cause or can cause permanent damage to your RV, i.e. isopropol alcohol will take off the finish in your sink.
Describe the problem in a straight forward manner and PLEASE no replies to the posts!

Moderator: Don Wilson

honker

Hydraulic leak

Post by honker »

I posted the results of our leak under The First Dr Apptointment. But I wanted to post the results because it's sosmething everyone might want to check and prevent from happening on their trailers. They discovered the leak in the hose going up to the ram under the bed. There is just a hole cut in the plywood that the hose runs up through. From vibration or whtever reason the hose had rubbed on the sharp edge of the plywood hole causing it to wear a small hole in the hose. You might want to make a quick check and see if your hose is getting worn by the wood too. They put silicone on the edge of the hole so the new hose would not rub on the sharp cut edge of the wood, but can still move freely. Maybe you can prevent what happened to us. Thank goodness it was a slow leak and did not spray fluid all over under bed since those hoses are under pressure. We caught it right away....... :ymapplause:
honker

Re: Hydraulic leak

Post by honker »

This could be a problem on all models. Might want to take a peek under your bed :thumbrt: