Glide Ride

These are discussions that contain lots of good info, so did not want to eliminate it. It has closed so we can take advantage of making the forum easier to find what you are looking for.
Rob & Cathy

Glide Ride

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Well, this weekend I installed a Demco Glide Ride king pin box to my trailer.
When we were at THE RALLY in Oregon I got to see a demo of the Glide Ride and was impressed enough to buy one.
Here's a picture of it hitched to the truck:
We're leaving in a couple of days to join the other at the NW rally an I'm anxious to give it a good road test. I'll let you know what I think.

Rob
C.B.

Demco GlideRide

Post by C.B. »

Really like my GR. What a difference in ride.

I noticed you use a king pin tripod. Just wondering if that will work with the GR.

Here's some pictures of how I mounted my pin stabilizer.flood lights and flag poles.

Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi C.B., I'm sorry it took so long to get back to you. I was at the NW rally when I got you message and as you can imagine it's been busy. Here's a picture of the tripod in use with the GR:
I use the tripod to reduce the side-to-side motion in the front of the trailer. Since the GR's motion is front-to-back I've found the tripod to be just as effect as it was before the GR.

Rob
tug911

Glide Ride

Post by tug911 »

We had ours installed when we bought our Cardinal and we've been very happy with it ever since. It really made a difference in the ride. We also use a tripod for the front to help take out that side to side motion. Were really happy with ours,and I hope you'll be happy with yours.
JimOMartin
Cardinal Owners: 2007 33TBH

Post by JimOMartin »

I'm not familar with the Glide Ride king pin. What is it intended to do? Sounds like folks like it, just wondering what you're getting. Also, how much do they cost?

- Jim
Jim & Cathy Martin
2007 Cardinal 33TBH LE
2011 Chevy 3500HD D/A 4x4 LTZ Dually - Black Bart (AKA - Black Butt)
C.B.

Demco GlideRide

Post by C.B. »

Go to www.demco-products.com and watch the video.

I think it was $739.00 at my door.
Rob & Cathy

Post by Rob & Cathy »

Hi Jim & Cathy,

How have you been? I bet the boys have grown quite a bit this past year. We had a great Cardinal rally at Winchester Bay, hope you can join us all again sometime soon.

Take care. Cathy

Hi Jim, here's a link to the product information with a link to a video that shows the glide ride in action: http://www.demco-products.com/Pages/RV/glide_ride.htm The price is $739 which includes shipping. I took a week for me to receive mine.

Although there are a lot of different hitch pin boxes out there, anything other than a solid pin box will be an improvement in the ride.

Rob